Kayla | Teen Ink

Kayla

March 29, 2010
By Jenna Kaschinske SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Jenna Kaschinske SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Only 21, and yet she has the whole world on her shoulders. Taking care of her drug abusive mother, and also taking care of her younger siblings. When shes alone she cries herself to sleep, wondering if the next day would be any better. But it’s not. She goes to school the next day and plays it off like nothing happened, shes trapped in two different worlds, her home life, and her friend life. No one really knows/ understands what goes on at her home.

I notice, I see what is hurting her, I see that she cries herself to sleep everynight. I want to help her. But I don’t know what to do. How do I reach out to someone who doesn’t seem like they want help? Kayla is’nt my best friend, but I do know her. Kayla is a strong girl. It’s as if shes like a rock. Anything you throw at her it wont damage her. But shes always happy, like a clown at a party.

Every night is the same for her. Go home, make sure her mom is okay, and clean up all the messes her mom has made. She thinks of how her life would be if her mother wasn’t like this… Makes dinner for her sisters, does her homework and goes to bed. Just to start the same day over, and over, and over again.