a knife in my heart | Teen Ink

a knife in my heart

Her hair falls in her eyes. Just get it over with, she thought. Just do it. I don’t care. I don’t care about anything anymore.
Still he hesitates. He doesn’t want to kill the only thing he has ever loved. Not even if she wants him to. He can’t do it. He
throws the knife to the ground.
“ I won’t…I can’t….You can’t die.” He gets out tears falling from his face.
“I can’t live with this pain, either.” She says trying to convince him to do it.
“You haven’t even tried….you always act like you’re so strong, but you’re not…And if I killed you…I couldn’t do that to you.” He covers his face and the tears keep falling.
God, he’s acting like a girl. Even I don’t cry that much.
“Fine. If you can’t do it, I will.” She says, very sure of herself.

“You know you wouldn’t. You’re ‘tired of living, but scared of dying.’ Remember?”
He would remember that. Now what am I supposed to do? Since he remembers that, my plan won’t work… I guess I’ll have to lie to him. Again.
“I was lying. You know people tend to do that sometimes.”
“So when you said you loved me, was that a lie too? How can I believe you about anything, now?”
“I guess you can’t.”
“Nope. I guess not.” He says as he takes his cell phone out of his pocket and starts to dial.
"What are you doing?" She questions him.
"Helping you." He states, not looking up. Not meeting her eyes.
Dang, did it have to come to this?
She spots the knife laying, unused, on the ground. But, of course, she had been looking for it. Somebody will die tonight.

Justin, please forgive me for what I'm about to do. I know you love me, but I don't deserve you.
She lunges for the knife. And suddenly, it's in her hand. And with a quick motion, she thrusted it into her heart. <3

Justin rushed to stop her, but he just wasn't fast enough. So all he could do was watch now. She took her last breath
and with all her strength, she uttered:
"Under the bed "
Her eyes glazed over and her body went limp.
Oh, Savannah. Did I ever tell you how much I love you? Justin thought.
Justin was still by Savannah's side when the ambulance arrived.
Too late. She's already gone. He thought. He couldn't talk. The words just wouldn't come out.

He was covered in Savannah's blood. He didn't notice. He didn't care.
The police pried Justin away from Savannah. He tried to resist, but eventually the police won.
They walked him out the front door. The media was there, ready with cameras as he came out the door.

There were flashes and a microphone was shoved in Justin's face.

"Do you have anything to say about what happened here tonight?' A reporter asked him.
The police just pushed the reporter away and pushed Justin into the police car. They drove carefully through the crowd of
people that had formed outside his house where the suicide happened.

"We're going to take you to the station for questioning, ok?" One of the police officers said with very little emotion.
Justin wanted to say "Somebody just died here. The least you could do is pretend like you actually care" but instead he just
nodded.

She can't be dead. Just yesterday we went and bought ice cream cones. She got strawberry. Her favorite. There's no way she could be dead. But even as he thought it, he knew it was true. He had watched her die. It wasn't just a bad dream.
On the drive to the police station, Justin remembered Savannah's last words : Under the bed. What was under the bed? He didn't know, but he had to find out.

There's no way i'm going to be able to get out of this car. The doors are locked and the only way they can be unlocked is from the front. Maybe if I make a fuss I will be able to make an escape....

Justin starts trying to open the car door even though he knew it was locked. He just wanted to get the police officers'
attention so he could somehow attempt an escape. The police officers were now looking at him like a mad man. By now he was pulling on the door so hard the car was shaking. One of the police officers whipped something out of his pocket. That was the last thing he remembered before his whole world went black.

Justin woke up in a white room with a small table in it. On the table there were two small glasses of water.

Where am I? He tries to stand up, but as he does he feels a sharp pain in his side. He sits back down and gets up slowly this time. Justin sees the door and bolts towards it with a rush of adrenaline. A way out! Just as he thinks this he turns the door knob and, of course, it's locked.

"ARG!" Justin screams with frustration. He is so frustrated tears start streaming down his face. He then runs over to
the little table and throws the table at the door, even though he knows it won't do anything to it.

From outside the room Justin hears somebody say
" It looks like he's awake. You might want to talk to him now. "

C***. Just what I didn't want. To be asked questions.
Just then a man walks in to the room followed by two buff guards. The man has on a white trench coat thingy.

A doctor?
And then trench coat man speaks:
"Hello, I'm Doctor Bert and I'm a psychiatrist."
Nope, not a doctor. Even better. A shrink.
" Okay "Doctor Bert" I'm not really in the mood to talk to you right now, so why don't you come back later?" Justin says.
Yeah. Later, as in after I find a way to escape this dump. And then MAYBE we'll talk.
Doctor Bert's face gets all serious and he says "Here's the deal: either you talk to me now and go home or you don't talk to
me and I have to force you to talk. They've already given me the okay to use violence to get you to talk."
" And I'm supposed to tell you what, exactly? That I blame myself for Savannah's death? Wait..you're not a shrink are you?"
"No. Of course not, you idiot." Doctor Bert answers as he rips off his fake mustache and sideburns.
Figures. I get stuck with the wacko who wears fake side burns.

THE END...FOR NOW! It's a work in progress so if you like the story so far tell me! :)

This story is not going to turn out how you think. i'm sure of it. lol :)

on Mar. 14 2011 at 10:42 am
SavannahsGottaDollar BRONZE, HopeHull, Alabama

"Oh! You silly stupid past time of mine! ..You were always good for a rhyme. And from the first to last time the signs said 'Stop' - but we went on whole-hearted. It ended bad, but I love what we started."
- Fiona Apple

This is really good! Keep posting! :)