I Cry Blood | Teen Ink

I Cry Blood

Eyes search frantically. Tongue, throat, and lips scream for help. The eyes see a passerby.
Life.
It is known to change easily, but there is still hope.
"I plead! Save me from a death of tears! The tears of mine have become a bottomless ocean!"
Life replies,
"You are drowning yourself. You get in. You get out. Both alone. I may not help."
I scream. I thrash. I stay above water. Life leaves, leaving cold air in its absence.
A new figure approaches, follow by a crowd. I see myself, leading. Behind her, I see the ones I have hurt.
"I plead! I have done you wrong! I have hurt you! I have caused you great loss! But please, save me from my death of tears!"
The faces are stony, some red in fury. But lips start quivering, and tears flood from the many eyes. The expand my ever-deep ocean and push me below the surface. I hear the voices of the multitude in an extraordinary roar,
"You are drowning yourself! You get in. You get out. Both alone, for we are unable to help a one such as you! It is a form of suicide. The suicide you have so long contemplated. Now your wish is granted!"
the little of the heart I have left shatters and I sink further and further down, below the surface of the tears. The tears are cold, and I cry blood.

I wrote this while I was suicidal and cut.

on Aug. 9 2011 at 7:46 pm
secrets_of_silence GOLD, Gisborne, Other

life had i loved the more
had it but passed away
as quietly as the day
ebbs from the darkening star.

-emanuel litvinoff

um the poem has a unique perspective and draws people in