You Would Think | Teen Ink

You Would Think

March 3, 2010
By sglaze BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
sglaze BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
2 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
So many amazing ones....
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift"
"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
"Everyone's a pacifist between wars. It's like being a vegetarian between meals."


Drip. Drop. Drip. Drop. You probably thought that was the sound of running water. Maybe, you thought I was in an attic somewhere, or a jail locked away. I am a prisoner, but a prisoner of another kind. My heart beat solidly and consistently, like water dripping from a rickety old sink refusing to be shut off. It reminded me of horror movies, the kind where you can tell just by looking around you’re headed into dark territory. I looked around my little bedroom, nothing was scary or threatening. There was no man in a mask like in Saw, or girl coming out of a well like in The Ring. It was just me and my room, no horror villain in sight. I was yet to decide which was scarier.


The author's comments:
Short, it's a start. Left up to the mind, something to ponder and think about. What kind of prisoner do YOU think this person is?