Raging Storm

A storm was coming; she could feel it in the air, hear it in the wind’s fierce howl and see it in the darkening gray of the sky.
She breathed deeply, loving the way the wind tasted before a storm loving the way it acted, unpredictable, mysterious.
It filled her with a wild restlessness and yet at the same time, a serene contentment.
She was alive!
She felt the wind beating its life into her, making her heart pound and her blood race through her veins.
She forgot everything; her worries were swept from her mind as she stood there, captivated by the sheer beauty of the moment.
Joy surged through her as the wind gathered her hair and whipped it against her face, as it sent its fingers about her, making her cloak dance and echoing her heart’s happiness.
She tilted her head back and laughed at the savage storm that now raged across the sky.

shmemories said...
Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:27 am
I loved this line, "She felt the wind beating its life into her, making her heart pound and her blood race through her veins."  I could feel what she was describing here and my mind went to times this has happened to me.

Rivkin37 said...
Mar. 31, 2010 at 11:46 am
 I love storms like that! I especially love storms in the spring and summer! The author did an amazing job discribing the way a summer storm makes me feel!