Fairy Tale #253 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful young princess who lived in a massive castle with her father, the king, who was extremely wealthy and ruled over an enormous kingdom. He called for his pipe and his bowl and ... oops, that's a story for another time.

The king very much wanted his daughter to be married to a prince from a prominent family. Tragically the princess had fallen in love with a local farmer boy whom she had met while traveling in a golden carriage that her fairy godmother had magically created for her from a pumpkin ... oops, that's a story for another time.

The princess and the farmer boy would stare lovingly at each other from afar every chance they got. Unluckily, however, the king discovered their forbidden love and commanded the boy to never even look at his daughter. At night the boy would secretly sneak to the princess's window and he would huff and he would puff and ... oops, that's a story for another time.

The king locked the princess in the highest tower of the castle. One night, after she had cried herself to sleep, the princess was startled awake from a roaring sound. Looking out the window, she could barely see the figure of the Harley , it was a full dress hog.

The bike's chrome glistened in the moonlight. The driver had a scraggly beard, a sleeveless denim jacket, sunglasses, and a tattoo of the state of Florida. For the princess, it was love at first sight.

Fortunately the driver called up to her and said, "Yo, princess, you wanna take a spin?" She grabbed her leather jacket and took off with her new love, who did a wheelie as he drove through the castle parking lot. What happened to them next is a story for another time. n

writer3499 said...
Mar. 31, 2012 at 5:08 pm:
This is really good!! 

writer428 said...
This is really cute. It's unexpected, you know? I enjoyed this... it's something new, something good.

mmfdg623 said...
This story is so funny. I like the fact that it started off like a normal fairy tale and it turned ito something that you wouldn't expect.

Hannah!!!! said...
May 6, 2009 at 3:34 am:
Omg! this is such a good story! it was simple and to the point..so that made it really cool!