everything will change

I saw on the emotion on my moms face and I instantly knew what we were all dreading. I knew it. As we drove back home all I was thinking was how do I tell my Abby and Alyssa. They have been my best friends since I can remember. I can remember old baby pictures from when I was about one month old and I was with them. I cant tell them. I don’t want to. I cant face the truth. I went up to my room, my parents let me be by myself for a little while. I sat in bed and cried. I wasn’t sure what else to do then to sit here and cry. It was the only thing I could take right now. I didn’t want to face my friends even though I should be spending time with everybody I love right now, but I couldn’t.

In the morning I decided to go to school and face what I have been dreading all weekend. I would have to tell them sometime right? Well I got to school and I went to English first. I wasn’t really paying attention I was thinking about what I would say to my friends. I am 14 right now and I still cant handle the truth. This was different, it was depressing and sad. But I knew I had to do it. So when we had break we sat in the grass and Abby said “ hey I got your text what’s up?” and then I looked at them and said “ guys I…… um …..” and I started crying and they gave me a hug and then I started talking again “ I have cancer”

bex!!! said...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 9:25 am
this is not my best work but i will post more