Sadness | Teen Ink

Sadness

January 12, 2010
By Emi3ly SILVER, Park City, Utah
Emi3ly SILVER, Park City, Utah
6 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
Oooh. DRAMA! Let's get popcorn.


I lay in my bed. Waiting.... My heart sank deeper into the nothingness. I wanted my heart to stop beating so I wouldn’t feel this pain. This agony. I wanted a dozen bricks to fall on me and make me stop breathing. Make this pain go away. Tears and tears flowed out of me like a water fall crying for global warming to stop. I cried for thoughs who have their hearts ripped out too. I saw the snow flakes slowly fall out of the grey sky out my window. The trees swayed in the gentle wind. It was mid-day and only the peace can be heard. Only the hearts of people be broken and shattered be heard. Only the loss of ones soul is heard. I stood up and looked straight out the window. I saw all my dreams disappear in front of me. The love totally.... gone. Only hate and sadness filled my heart now. As the silence grew on in the world, you could hear the snow fall gently onto the ground. The rush of a billion cars pass by wanting not to deal with sadness and sunken hearts. The silence grew and grew. I closed my eyes gently and felt the cold wind on my face. I opened them and found my self in a place where everything was frozen.
Even the waterfall of a billion tears. Only my heart beat and snow flakes falling could be heard. I stood on a mountain viewing a wonderful snowy land full of sadness, hate, peace, broken hearts, and time as it froze. My mind flew by like a bird that flew beautifully. I thought of this frozen waist land as my sanctuary. Free from the people who wanted only bad in the world and no good. Free from drugs and peer pressure. Nothing here but my only thing left. Peace. Pure peace. Tears rolled down my cheeks thinking of thoughs who have nothing yet, they are happier people than the people who have everything. They expressed their love by thinking positive. This would be a possibility for thoughs who have riches and treat others with mean and sour feelings, if they think about their choices in life.

My hair flew threw the soft wind leaving a streak of dark brown in the grey sky. I heard the trees sing in the wind. They said "Its gonna be okay. Its gonna be okay. Just you wait and see." Thoughs words sounded so true. All my burdens were lifted up into the air and floated away. The snow melted away and the sky became a peach color. The green grass sprung up like daisies in the spring. Only the ice-icles’ were left behind. Love filled the air. I stood under a canapé with lights that twined around the edges. I was in my own personal Heaven. Flowers grew before my eyes. I looked down at my feet. They had only blue sneakers on. I suddenly had blue leggings and a dark blue halter dress on. My hair was curled into a bun. I felt a strange feeling come over me when someone stepped out from behind a tree. I smiled and swayed with the wind. I closed my eyes as the person approached me. I whispered "I think I am waiting for you?" The person in a deep beautiful velvet voice said "You are." And it was a statement.

I felt a warm touch be stow on my arms. I felt the breath of perfume scent come to my nose. The smell of joy and laughter. The person turned me around and took my right hand into his left hand. His right arm went around my waist. I opened my eyes. He led me around the dance floor like we were in a trance. Music played in the background with only good and happy thoughts fallowing. I didn’t feel depressed or not needed anymore. Only love and being wanted. We danced a lovely short dance. I swayed with my dress and the wind. He spun me and I felt nothing. I looked for him, but he disappeared. The red roses that grew next to me wilted. I lay down on the hard cold ground. My dress turned grey. My curls fell out of their bun. The lights on the canopy fell dim. Snow began to fall as the silence grew again. The peace got replaced with hate. The love got replaced with sadness. I curled up into a ball and closed my eyes. Tears came as my heart shattered again. Nothing could happen now. As my heart beat faded, I felt a sense of some kind of happiness come over me. I was finally leaving this place called pain.... Bump-bump...... Bump-bump....... Bump-bump....... Bump...... Bump.......... Bu...........B..........




The last two heart beats came and took my soul and the pain away........


The author's comments:
It's about a girl/soul who has lost everything and can't take the pain and agony any more. She finally meets her other half, her soulmate, her other self. She has fallen in love again and she loves it. But, he leaves her and she is torn from the world she loved. She lets the sadness and the blackness take her and her life with it.