Dolphin Heros | Teen Ink

Dolphin Heros

January 9, 2010
By Sonny555 PLATINUM, Oyster Bay, New York
Sonny555 PLATINUM, Oyster Bay, New York
22 articles 6 photos 0 comments

A beautiful house on the beach rested in the warm rays of the sun in the suburbs outside of Miami, Florida. A beautiful Chinese girl at about sixteen years old walked out in a blue and white striped bikini. Her long black hair was blowing in the wind. Then another girl who looked like she was about four years older than the Chinese girl walked out of the house. She looked very different with her wavy auburn hair and tall height. She appeared to be wearing a solid, maroon, one piece bathing suit. This girl's name was Arianna Palone. The other girl's name was Cynthia Kim. The were heading towards a sail.
"Hey Cynthia, where are you going?" asked Arianna.
"Sailing. Do you wanna come?"
"Okay," answered Arianna.
Arianna caught up to the sail with Arianna. The two girls were actually stepsisters. Arianna's dad was married to Cynthia's mom. The two girls both grabbed life jackets and hopped on the sail. The sail took off. The breeze and the warm sun relaxed the two stepsisters. Then Cynthia noticed a torpedo coming to the sail.
"Oh my gosh!" she cried.
"A torpedo?" said Arianna
"Yes!" shouted Cynthia. "Now jump off the sail!"
Cynthia and Arianna jumped off the sail and watched their sail break down and sink. They both watched and mourned.
"Are we both gonna have to swim back home?" asked Arianna.
"I think so," said Cynthia. The two girls began to swim. Their life jackets helped them stay on the surface. They swam until they couldn't swim anymore. Even when they stopped swimming, they still weren't close to home. Then all of a sudden, there were dorsal fins sticking out of the water.
"Oh my god!" shrieked Arianna. She held onto Cynthia for protection. The shark began to leap out of the water. The shark actually turned out to be a bottlenose dolphin. There was a huge pod of dolphins surrounding Cynthia and Arianna.
"Arianna, they're just dolphins," said Cynthia. Arianna let go of her.
"Why are these dolphins surrounding us? asked Arianna.
"I don't know," answered Cynthia. "Look, they're swimming away too. They wondered what was going on. Then there was a canoe coming by with a man sitting in it. There was also a box labeled "torpedos" on the canoe. Cynthia and Arianna became suspicious of this man.
"You blew up our sail, didn't you?" squealed Cynthia.
"How do you know?" asked the man viciously.
"There's a box labeled 'torpedos' in your canoe," Cynthia answered.
"I know," said the man. He took a torpedo, and aimed it at Arianna and Cynthia. Then all of a sudden, the man's canoe tipped over. The dolphin pod has returned once again. The two girls climbed onto the canoe.
"Hey, no. That's my canoe!" the man shouted. "No wait, I've still got the oar, ha, ha!"
"Well we've got dolphins," said Arianna. A few dolphins from the pod put their snouts on the canoe, and pushed the girls back untli they finally reached the shore. They were home once again.

The author's comments:
I wrote this piece because when I was nine, I was obsessed with dolphins. Even now, I still enjoy dolphin stories