When Girl Met Girl | Teen Ink

When Girl Met Girl

December 19, 2009
By elenal GOLD, Stanford, California
elenal GOLD, Stanford, California
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When life gives you 100 reasons to cry, show life you have 1,000 reasons to smile."


“So, what do you want to do tonight?” Jett asked as he wrapped his arms around Laura’s slim body.

She very slowly unwrapped from his embrace and turned to face him.
“Can we go to the park?” she asked, forcing a smile.
Jett leaned down and kissed her neck.
“Of course." He murmured, moving his lips closer to her mouth. Quickly, Laura inched away and bounded down the steps and towards the car. Reluctantly, Jett followed.

In the car, he turned to face her.
“Why do you want to go to the park?”
Laura looked at him and smiled. “No reason.” She said. Except Laura did have a reason. Two weeks ago, at that very park, she had met a girl. But it wasn’t just any girl. Laura had been intrigued because of the shirt she was wearing; It had said, “I M R U?”

The car jolting to a stop brought her back to reality. They were at the park. She got out of the car and scanned the area, looking for the girl. Swings…nothing. Slide…nothing. Tire swings…nothing. Then, as her eyes came into view of the bathrooms, something caught her gaze. Leaning against the bathroom door was the same girl Laura had seen two weeks ago.

“Ummmm…Jett, I’m going to go to the bathroom.” She didn’t wait for him to respond; she just quickly walked off towards the bathrooms, her heart pounding with each step closer. After about 3 minutes, she was close enough to see that the girl was smoking a cigarette and had the same shirt on from before. Laura walked all the way up to her, and opened her mouth to speak, her heart beating 10 times faster than it ever had.

“Who are you?” Laura asked, barely able to get the words out.
The girl looked directly into Laura’s eyes. She blew out a puff of smoke slowly, the puff a perfect circle.
“Whoever you want me to be.” She replied.
“Okay…” Laura said with a slight smile.
She stood awkwardly, and bit her lower lip, not knowing what to do next. The girl eyed her up and down. “You want a cig?” she asked.
“What?” Laura replied, realizing she had zoned out.
“You were staring at my cigarette, so I assumed you wanted one.”
“No thanks, I don’t want one.”
“Right…” the girl smiled, making Laura’s heart flip. “Because your boyfriend wouldn’t approve.”
Laura stared at her. “How do you know I have a boyfriend?”
The girl laughed, sending chills up Laura’s spine. “I didn’t know. I just assumed.”
She blew out another puff of smoke, keeping her eyes locked with Laura’s. “So, do you love him?”
“Love who?” Laura asked.
She nodded her head towards Jett who was leaning against his car with his arms folded against his chest. Laura glanced at him quickly then returned her gaze to the girl.
She raised her eyebrows. “So, DO you love him?”
“I…well…maybe…” Laura paused, then slowly whispered; “I don’t have to answer that.”
The girl grinned, then leaned down and dug the cigarette into the dirt that lay next to her. She stood up and saw Laura staring at her.
“What?” she asked, a slow smile creeping up the side of her mouth.
Laura looked away and shook her head. “Nothing. I just…”she paused, not sure whether she should continue. The girl seemed to have read her mind.
“Go on.” She said, her smile growing wider.
Laura took a step forward so that if either of them moved one more inch, they would be touching. “I just want to kiss you so bad.” She breathed.
The girl’s face broke into a grin. “God Laura. What took you so long?”
Laura smiled, then leaned in and kissed her hard, pushing her against the wall. She let her tongue find it’s way into the girl’s slightly parted mouth, and she felt the girl’s tongue pushing back. Laura’s hands were in her pale; blonde, hair, and she could feel the girl’s hands on the small of her back. She pushed her harder against the wall, making her moan.

Laura felt the girl’s hands travel up her front and slip under her shirt. She smiled to herself and didn’t slap her hand away. All of a sudden, the sound of her name filled the air.
“What the hell is going on Laura!”
She spun around to see Jett towering over her. His eyes were an unnatural blue.
Tears began to pool in her eyes. “I’m so sorry Jett.”
“Sorry for what?” he was glaring at her. “You did not look sorry at all when you were ****ing making out with that chick!”
Tears were now rolling down Laura’s cheeks. “Her name is Angel.” She whispered
His face turned red with rage. “I don’t ****ing care what her name is! I care that you kissed her. I care that you went behind my back and cheated on me!”
“Jett, I didn’t mean to hurt you.”
He shook is head and laughed jokingly. “Oh Laura, you didn’t hurt me.”
“I didn’t?” she asked, surprised.
He shook his head again. “No. You didn’t hurt me…” he paused. “No. Instead you broke my ****ing heart!” Tears were now streaming violently down his cheeks. “All I did was come down to see if you were ok because you had been gone for like 20 minutes. All I was expecting was to see you just walking out. Do you know how much it hurt for me to see you with her? To see you MAKING OUT with someone you just met?”
“Jett…” Laura began. But before she could continue, he reached over and slapped her hard against the side of her face.
“Laura, do not even THINK about saying another word. The damage is done. There is absolutely nothing you can do to defend yourself.”
She stared at him, her face red and burning from the force of the slap. Strong, silent tears traveled down her cheeks. Jett stood there and watched her cry, trying not to let the impulse of comforting her reign over him. Finally, he spun around and stomped off towards his car. When he got to it, he turned around and screamed “screw you Laura Johnson!” Then he got in his car and sped off.

Laura watched until the car was a mere black dot. Then she crumpled to the ground in tears. Angel sat down beside her and took hold of her hand. “He just needs time.” She whispered.
Laura nodded, then looked into Angel’s sea green eyes. “I love you Angel Robinson.”
Angel smiled, and then kissed her tenderly. “I love you too Laura Johnson. I love you with all my heart.”
Epilogue:
One week later, as Laura was walking down the hallway holding hands with Angel, she ran into Jett, who was leaning against her locker.
“Hey” he said
“Hey yourself.” Laura replied as she tightened her grip on Angel’s hand.
“Look. I’m sorry about storming off like that before. It was just so much that I had to take in…I couldn’t handle it.”
Laura shrugged. “It’s no big deal. I can understand how you would feel.”
Jett raised his eyebrows in surprise. “So…your not mad or anything like that?’
She shook her head. “No, I’m not mad… But I sure as hell am angry! I mean come on Jett. I do get the fact that you have the right to be upset, but there was absolutely no reason to give me that slap!” Laura turned her head to show him the huge bruise that lay on her cheek.
Jett stared in horror. “Oh man Laura. I’m so sorry…I didn’t know it would leave a mark.”
She glared at him. “Yeah well, it did. And I bet you have no idea how much it hurts.”
“Laura, I am really, really…”
She cut him off. “Jett, do not even THINK about saying another word. The damage is done. There is absolutely nothing you can do to defend yourself.”
“Laura…” Jett began. But before he could even continue, she reached up and slapped him hard against the side of his face. Beside her, Angel covered her mouth to keep from giggling at the sight of Jett’s wide-eyed face.
Laura smiled triumphantly. “Now you know how it feels.”
Then she pushed Angel against the locker next to hers, pulled her close, and pressed her lips hard against hers. For the next few minutes that’s all they did. They just made out, occasionally changing between tongue and no tongue, while a dumfounded ex-boyfriend, his blue eyes still wide, leaned against the locker next to them.