Chill

The girl walked slowly across the cold grass. Her long, black dress flowed over the night ground. Her shiny brown hair was carefully pinned back into an elegant bun. A bouquet of flowers rested in her pale hands.
Her body shook under her black velvet cloak as misty fog seemingly emerged from the ground and was now swirling around her legs. Despite the cold she kept walking; her nearly frost-bitten feet tingled and stung with each step.
She looked up at the black curtain above her. Each star against the sky shone like flashlights. The girl almost stopped and laid on the grass to look for constellations; as she had done many times as a child. Robotically, her feet kept moving, one after the other.
Her head returned to its original position; staring straight forward toward her destination. Finally, it was in front of her. A solid, gray-colored material stuck up from the ground.
The young woman kneeled to the ground, causing her knees to freeze just as much as her bare feet. By this time she was not only pale, but also her lips had started to turn a light shade of blueish-purple. She gently laid the bouquet-as if it was made of a very fragile glass-at the foot of the grey object.
“I love you.” She whispered. A tear rolled down her face. “Rest in peace.”