Ability outline | Teen Ink

Ability outline

By CanYouSeeTheCrazy PLATINUM, Cle Elum, Washington
CanYouSeeTheCrazy PLATINUM, Cle Elum, Washington

"I know why everyone in this world is so desperate to find love."
"Oh yeah? Why then?"
"Because, it's the closest thing we have to magic."

Prologue

Scientists thought of a way to alter the DNA of a person through certain amounts of radiation in 1967. They secretly tested on themselves, and then willing donors. The radiation testing gave the donors certain Abilities that changed depending on what their unchanged DNA was. Some of those Abilities are Reading[mind reader], Watching[seeing the future], Listening[hear other's thoughts], Speaking[mind controller], and many others. The donors that acquired the Abilities kept them a secret and passed them onto their descendants, teaching them how to control, use, and widen the extent of their Abilities. Now 50 years later, the subject's great-grandkids are living around the world, mixed in with everyone else.

The book in particular will be about a boy named Ash[which is short for Ashton] who happened to inherit 5 Abilities, and he's very skilled. At school, he excels but doesn't show it. He chooses to not be popular. During his last year of school, Ash meets a new girl from out of the state, who he decides to make a practice subject of his Abilities at first, but then becomes good friends with the girl. The same day he realizes that he likes her more than a friend, she catches him using an Ability, and he must tell her all that he can do. They decide to get away together because she's the first one who isn't like him, but understands what it's like to have scientifically altered DNA. Unfortunately, a group of people who track and kill Others finds out about his existence and sets off on what is their most important mission yet, but they don't know that. Meanwhile, he sees the future with them in it, and the girl out of it, and promises himself that he's going to change his own fate by going on the run with her, away from professional hunters.

This piece is solely for comments and ratings to see if people like what the book will become. I'll post occasionally on what I've done with the progress of the book, and I'll show it too, so people can comment, review and critique it as well. I just wanted to see if people thought this idea for a book or possibly a series might be going somewhere.

on Nov. 26 2012 at 3:42 pm
Thatdaydreamer GOLD, Peterborough, Other

“You can make anything by writing.”
― C.S. Lewis

This sounds like it could be really good! there's the thriller aspect from the idea of ash and his friend being hunted, and the relationship between them (romantic or friendship) sounds interesting, and I love the whole thing with abilities and powers and stuff! I reckon you should give it ago!:)