The Day of the Killer Cyborg Bunnies

It was a bright, sunny Monday morning when the first cyborg rabbit emerged. It was sighted by a first grader who noticed the various throbbing implants on its head. He approached and said, “Aww, look at the widdle bunny wabbit.” The rabbit twitched its nose in dissatisfaction at the child towering above it, and then fired a laser at him. “YAY! IT BURNS!” He then dropped to the ground, dead, while several other rabbits joined the first one. The rabbits advanced towards the school, chanting in monotone, “RESISTANCE IS USELESS. YOUR HERBAL DISTINCTIVENESS WILL BE SURRENDERED TO US.” The cyborg bunnies grouped up at the school door, and the laser of one rabbit carved an entryway, from which a swarm of killer rabbits emerged, attacking students and teachers alike with laser beams and other various mechanical implements. The second wave marched towards the cafeteria, demanding fresh herbs. When a cafeteria lady explained to them that the only thing the cafeteria had was barrels of toxic waste and some small insignificant meats, she was instantly vaporized. The cyborg bunnies continued on their reign of terror. Some unlucky students had genetic engineering performed on them to turn them into rabbits, then were added to the growing collective. Once the rabbits gave up their search and went back to the pastures from which they came, the hallway was littered with laser mark and the charred corpses of students. To this day, nobody knows when and where the cyborg bunnies came from, but one thing is for sure: they will eventually return, resulting in the extinction of the human species.