Mrs Clinton: | Teen Ink

Mrs Clinton:

November 25, 2009
By Anonymous

This morning my mother turns to me and says, “Megan, I trust you to make smart decisions.”
“Always,” I astutely responded. Even though I do attempt to make the correct decisions, I say I will to make her feel amicable. My mother has the constant reminder of her childhood and her experiences. To her, those thoughts are vexatious.

After reading your book, my mother came to the conclusion that different people helped mold me. I am not the same person as she was 20 years ago. I am not ineffectual in school or wish to become a nefarious leader in crime. My friends, brother, father, and other family members have guided me. They have scrutinized my every move. I solicit for answers and am loath to admit my mistakes. But they do not see the flaws within me. They only see my potential and who I will become.

I now advocate for the big brother/sister program. I want to become a friend, sister, or mother to a child. I want to make a difference in a person’s life, like others have done for mine. Just like your book has for people all over the world. I used to solicit for help from others. And now people have the possibility to solicit from me. There is a malady of stress and fear running through the heads of those who don’t know what to do or where to go. I want children to know that even though like isn’t always easy; there is always a person they can turn to.