The Dream | Teen Ink

The Dream

By SilverAngel777 BRONZE, Three Rivers, Texas
SilverAngel777 BRONZE, Three Rivers, Texas

"Take life as it comes. Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."
-Elyas Machera, The Wheel of Time, By Robert Jordan

I'm standing by a street in a neighborhood that I know, or rather I feel like I know, well. I feel strong arms wrap around me gently and lovingly, I look up into a young man’s face and he’s smiling at me with love radiating from his eyes. I smile back just as warmly and I know that he’s my boyfriend and that I love him as much as he did me. My stomach felt heavy like lead at this strong emotion, but it was a good feeling.
He was tall with dark hair and either brown or hazel eyes with heavyset shoulders.
A group of boys walk up, I feel like I know them, too, and they ask him if he wants to play a game. He looks at me, the struggle of wanting to stay with me and keeping a good relationship with his friends plain on his face. I smile up at him and said, “Go ahead, I’ll be in your house.” Then I kissed him and he smiled happily, “I’ll see you in a little while, babe.”
I was now sitting on the couch in a house. I know that it’s his house, I’m reading. Suddenly, one of the guys that had been with him ran into the house, “He’s been hurt! Broken leg, I think.”
I felt my heart fall to my feet and I rush out of the house. I see a white a truck and I know that he’s in there. It starts to drive away and I run after it, yelling at them to stop. I can’t catch it and it turns a corner. I feel like I’ve failed and that I might never see him again. I hit my knees and start crying. A girl that’s no taller than me with short, brown hair and brown eyes that I don’t know walks up to me from the garage and puts her arm around me. “I can take you to him if you want me to.” She says.
I suddenly feel hope, I WILL see him again.
The alarm clock went off and I woke up.

I dreamt this a few weeks ago, it was odd... I'm trying to figure out if it means anything because once I woke up I didn't know who anyone was.