License | Teen Ink

License

By artandbooks16 SILVER, Lapeer, Michigan
artandbooks16 SILVER, Lapeer, Michigan

Every day for the past twelve years, Emily has been doign the same boring routin. Wake up, go to school, go home, do homework, talk to friends, eat, go to bed. She is so sick of the same boring routine every boring day. Whenever she talks to her friends they tell her everything fun that they do and what she misses out on. Emily envies her friends so much. Like right now Emily is talking to her best frineds Nadia. Nadia is telling her about the egg fight between sophomores and juniors after school in the old abandoned K-mart parking lot. She says that the sophomores won and that her car will smell like bad eggs forever. Emily envies her because she has a license and car to go and do whatever she wants to. Like they can stop and get coffee and donuts in the mornings and go to different places like McDonalds for a fudge Sunday after school every day. But Emily can't do that stuff because she is stuck in the same boring old routine. Her parents won't let her get her license. They tell her that she is not responsible and needs to get a job before she can get her license and car. She begs her parents every day and they tell her the same old thing every time and don't seem to care that she is growing up and needs her own ride and freedom. So every day Emily wakes up, goes to school, comes home, does homework, listens to her friends fun, eats, and goes to bed. She will maintain this boring routine until her parents are ready to give her the freedom and she can escape the unsufferable routine she's been in forever.

It's about the frustration with parents about a teen's freedom.