The Criminal | Teen Ink

The Criminal

By Hardstyle BRONZE, Cave Creek, Arizona
Hardstyle BRONZE, Cave Creek, Arizona

There was a loud crash downstairs and I was starting to get scared. I heard many other sounds before this, but not as horribly loud as this one. It sounded as someone was trying to break in. I checked the news, but there was nothing to worry about. I am with my younger sister Emily, she is 7 years old. My name is Austin and I am 14 years old.

The news was still on when I heard a story of a criminal escaping. Now I was starting to get really worried. Suddenly the lights went out. I found i flashlight and headed downstairs. One of our windows was broken, smashed with a huge boulder. I ran upstairs into my sisters room, grabbed her and ran into my room where I locked the door. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, walking slowly the my bedroom where my sister and I were hiding. I told her to be quiet and that everything is going to be okay.

I grabbed the phone near me and dialed 911. I told them everything that I heard and that someone was inside of my house. They told me not to worry and that they need my address to send people over right away, I gave it to them. In about a minute I heard sirens racing down the street, I was starting to feel a little better. I heard the police knocking on the front door and I started to think how will I get downstairs and open that door.

I told my sister, "sit here and don't move." She agreed and did exactly what I said. I opened the door of my bedroom and no one was there. As soon as I started heading to the stairs I hear footsteps in my parents bedroom. I ran down the stairs and opened the door and the cops rushed in. They asked me if I was okay and I said, "yes he is upstairs please hurry my sister is up there!" They arrested the man and it was all over. My sister and I are both safe.

I did not really think about what I was typing I just did it.

smalltownwrite210, Apex, North Carolina
It was exciting, but the ending didnt fit very well. You should make it more suprising.