The Missing-Chapter 1 | Teen Ink

The Missing-Chapter 1

June 7, 2009
By cheywan♥♥ DIAMOND, Fritch, Texas
cheywan♥♥ DIAMOND, Fritch, Texas
50 articles 9 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
walking forward is an neverending challenge!! ):


I awoke to stillness. My body ached. I just wanted to lie there and be dissolved by the cold ground. The only thing keeping me from sinking under into extinction was the warm stone arms wrapped around me.


The outside world was silent as we knew it would be. No one else could help us. We were on our own. Not only no one could help us but no one was there.


It had been two days so far with no one there. Well if someone's out there we haven't found them yet. I had snuck out of the house that night just to go for a walk. It wasn't the first time I had ever done it, but I knew it was wrong. That next morning I woke up to the whole world gone. Everyone just gone. That's when I walked outside to meet Zane. We had never met.


Zane and I hit it off. He was the perfect guy for me. I loved him from the first sight. For that moment looking into his eyes I forgot that my whole family and life was missing. He had bright green eyes and dark brown shaggy hair. His pale skin glowed in the morning light.


"Do you know where my family is? Have you seen anyone? Their car is still in the driveway and there isn't a note." His voice was velvety and perfect. I just wanted t-wait a minute. Did he just say that his family was missing too.




"No, but my family is missing too. How weird. We should knock on our neighboors doors to see if mabey they know." We both began to walk by the house next to mine since it was the closest one to us. Zane knocked and I stayed back."Don't you think it is totally weird that both of our families are missing at the same time? Mabey they went on a walk. Oh, by the way my name's Jasper. What's yours?"


"Zane. Ya it is weird. My family really isn't the go out and walk type." Oh how I loved the way he spoke. The neighboors still hadn't answered. What is going on?


"Ya mine neither, but where could they be." Wait I've had this dream before except it's usually only me that's left on the earth. That had to be it. A terrible dream. I just tried to think to my self that this would all go away in the morning when I woke up.


"This doesn't feel like a dream. It feels realer than any dream that I've ever had. I feel too aware of every move that I make to be lost in a stupid dream." Oh and he is smart too. Not one of those doofus guys who don't think that they have to have brains because their so cute.


I didn't want to tell my self that I felt the same way as him. I was in denial. I didn't want to face the fact that something was terribly wrong in our world. So Zane and I went to every house on our street and then we went to a couple of random houses around our neighboorhood. Nothing happened. We didn't see a mail-man, or a school bus, and not one person answered their door.


By then we both knew that something was wrong. There was no denying it. I had gone straight from the denial stage to the nervous breakdown stage. Zane had gone into the shock stage. What could we do? Everyone was gone. It wasn't like there was an explosion or anything. Everyone just disappeared out of no where. There was no way that this could be happening to us but it was. Eventually we went back to my house, ate, slept, and here we are now. Waking up to the second day of being the only couple we know to be on the whole earth.


I hadn't moved since I woke up. I liked the feeling of Zane's arms wrapped around me. We hadn't done anything. We just love eachother but we aren't that serious.....yet.


Zane started getting up and I faked still being asleep. I wanted to see what he would do. He got up and walked around the bed and knelt on my side and gently kissed me. I squinted and opened one eye. His hair was all over the place, but that made him look so much hotter.


"Good morning babe." I took a deep breath while we just looked into eachothers eyes. He kissed me again then got up to take his morning shower. I got up as soon as I heard the water start running and got all dressed. I didn't like to take my showers in the morning.


I walked into the kitchen to make breakfast. I decided that instead of cereal I wanted eggs and beacon. I took out the skillet and beacon and began frying up a few peices for each of us.


I walked over to the fridge to pour myself a glass of orange juice when something moved out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look and saw that it was Zane. He had just finished his shower.


"Hey babe. Do you want some eggs and beacon?" I hope he actually likes it. I didn't think to ask him what he wanted.


"Yes. Thank you." He is so polite too.


When I finished with breakfast I served it on the table and sat down.


"So what are we going to do?" Zane was very serious and I knew what he was talking about.


"Babe we can't just up and leave. What if everybody comes back realizing that they left us here. They will think that we died. I don't want to give up hope that this is just temporary." A tear ran down my face. I had been so good about not freaking out too bad.


"Sweety you know that's not what I meant. Why don't we leave a note that says we went to look for someone. We don't know if they are coming back. We can't just stay here. If we stay here we could disappear like everyone else did." I hated to admit it but he was absolutely right.


"Your right. It's just hard." I almost whispered. That was all I had on the subject so I got up with half a plate of breakfast left and went to get some clothes ready to leave.


I walked into my parent room to find my mothers big suitcase. I didn't know how long it would be that we were gone. I went back to my room and packed everything in my closet that would fit and I was ready.


"Are you ready babe?" Zane always called be babe or sweety. I loved it.


" Ya. I think so. Did you leave a note telling them where we would be?"


"Yes I did. I'm all packed. Lets go." We went outside to his mother's car. She drove a 2007 Mustang. I loved it. It was way cooler than my mom's car. We jumped in the front seat. He drove of course. He was sixteen so he had his drivers license. I was fifteen and only had my permit.


As we pulled down the rode I shivered. Neither of us had any idea what the outside world held for us. But we were about to find out.

End of Chapter 1