Introductions | Teen Ink

Introductions

January 14, 2009
By Anonymous

“Hi, my name is Drew James. I don’t know why I’m here or why I need to be here” I said to the other members of my therapy group. Maybe I’m in denial but I don’t have a problem. My life is normal according to American standards. I have a lovely wife Eliza and a beautiful daughter.


“Hi, my name is Drew James. Last week life seemed to be going great. I took my family out to dinner, we were all getting along. But yesterday I snapped on Eliza. She asked me why I had been in a bad mood lately. Then, I hit her. You think I wanted to hit my wife? I want to be normal. Can I have a life of consistency? The only things I know that will ever be consistent are those pills I have to swallow every morning”.


“Hi, my name is Drew James, I need someone to blame”. Should I blame God? Ha, what God? Who would ever allow someone to experience this much turmoil? Will I be happy today? Is today the day I hurt my wife again? “I cannot keep riding this roller coaster”.


“Hi, my name is Drew James. Sorry I missed the meeting last week. I tried to O.D. on my medication”. When I was in the hospital I realized I need to accept who I am and get help. It’s time to make a change in my life.


“Hi, my name is Drew James and I am bipolar”.