planaria | Teen Ink

planaria

By RavenBookLover SILVER, Lehi, Utah
RavenBookLover SILVER, Lehi, Utah

There once was a planaria named George, but all his friends called him Georgie. One day, in Georgie’s long life, he was sitting in his nice cabin surrounded by all this friends for his fiftieth birthday. Near the end of the day, they were all sitting by the fireplace, Gorgie in his nice rocking chair.

“I have a story for you all to hear,” came Georgie’s voice above all the others.

“What is it?” asked Johnny, one of his younger friends, with excitement.

“Do you want to hear it or not!” he yelled. His friends remained silent. “That’s what I thought. Okay, let’s see… It happened about twenty-five years ago. I was young and having a party much like this one when all of the sudden I saw the scariest thing I ever did see!”

“What!? What made you so scared?” Asked Johnny.

Georgie paused and gave them all a enigmatic look. “It was an alien. Bigger than anything I ever seen. It had some sorta’ beam that sucked me up and spit me out again in a cage!”

“There ain’t no thing such as aliens.” Johnny exclaimed.

“There sure are! I done seen it with my own two eyes!”

“Crazy old man,” said another one of his friends.

“Jus listen.” Georgie looked around the room angrily and shifted in his seat. “As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, I was in this cage. Blinding lights surrounded me, burned my eyes they did. Then I felt pain like I’d been cut in half! I hurt so bad I couldn’t tell what was up, what was down or even if I was! I don’t know how long I was in that state, but when I came to my senses, it was dark. I was relieved for a moment until I heard the most sickly sound. I heard screams and cries of others like me. It was like we were part of some sick experiment! I didn’t know if I was gonna’ live at that point. I became terribly depressed.

“Anyway, later I was surrounded by light again. I was jostled in my small cage. I clung to the side of the prison for my life. Then, as if that wasn’t bad enough, I was nearly stabbed by a giant thingamabob. After what seemed forever, I was in the dark again. This process went on for days, weeks, years as far as I could tell.

“As time passed, I became starving. After staying in the dark with all those other tortured souls, I was finally fed. I clung to that food as long and as hard as I could before it was taken away from me. After a lot more confusion, I found myself in clean water and was in the dark again.

“After a little while longer, probably days later, I was jostled again and suddenly started falling. When I finally recovered my wits, I found hundreds of other planaria who had gone through what I had gone through. I also found a clone of myself. After a while we parted ways and I’ve not seen him since,” he finished

“Well that’s just crazy you just made all that up to scare us!” said Johnny.

“You may say that now, but just you wait. You will see that what I’ve said is true. If it doesn’t happen to you, it will happen to your children. You’ve been warned.” Georgie said slowly and chillingly.

That was all that was said about that that night. At least until they couldn’t find Johnny…

RavenBookLover SILVER, Lehi, Utah
I wrote this for a biology class. it was just a one page paper about planaria. I liked how it turned out and tried it on here and it was posted. cool.

Hope_Princess BRONZE, Hebron, New Hampshire

"Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible."

Hmm...I was a little confused at first, but I liked it. Keep writing!