The Eternal Flame | Teen Ink

The Eternal Flame

March 11, 2024
By 4basich GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
4basich GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
18 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In the realm of Edoria… mountains kissed the clouds. Rivers flowed with the whispers of ancient citizens. A legend existed cemented in the mists of time…the myth of the Eternal Flame.
Long ago when the world was young and magic thrived, a man named Arion lived. He was gifted with a voice that could move the gods and a heart as pure as the morning sun. Arion wandered the land, singing songs of love, courage, and the world's problems.
One lonely night, as Arion sat beneath the stars alone, his songs danced through the air like threads of silk. He stumbled upon a hidden cave covered in shadows. Intrigued, he slowly walked inside and discovered an amazing sight. A flame that burned with a light unmatched by anything in the night sky.
Brought in by its mesmerizing glow, Arion approached the flame. The warmth touched his skin like a lover's embrace. At that moment, he heard a voice…a whisper from the depths of time…asking him to become the keeper of the Eternal Flame.
He accepted the duty given to him with passion in his heart. He promised to keep the flame safe and use its power for the good of all the people of Edoria.
As time passed, Arion's fame spread far and wide. His songs give tales of heroism and hope. Yet the darkness of the world has grown stronger, threatening to extinguish the light of the Eternal Flame.
Determined to preserve the flame's strength, Arion embarked on a quest to unite the people of Eldoria. With his songs as his guide and his heart as his moral compass, he journeyed to lands, bridging divides and igniting the flames of unity wherever he went…strengthening the flame more and motivating many against the darkness while he traveled. Together the people of Eldoria stood against the engulfing shadows. Their spirits are pushed by the promise of a brighter tomorrow. And in their darkest hour, the forces of darkness crept upon them. Arion lifted his voice in a symbol of defiance. He was channeling the power of the Eternal Flame into a beacon of hope that pierced the wall of despair.
In the end, it was not through swords or magic that victory was won, but through the timeless melody of love and unity. The darkness was kicked out of Eldoria, and Eldoria lifted once more in the warm embrace of the Eternal Flame.
And so… the legend of Arion, the man who saved Eldoria from the darkness, echoed through the ages, a reminder that even in the darkest of times, the light of hope shines forever for those who dare to believe in its song.


The author's comments:

This is a myth about internal drive and passion.