s | Teen Ink

s

November 6, 2023
By Anonymous

“Run,” she said. “And don’t look back...”


It was 11 P.M., when I was walking home with her, after hanging out with our friends. It was dark outside, so we didn’t expect that an old, creepy man would come out from a corner, holding a knife. He walked towards us and stared at us. He mumbled something, but I didn’t hear.  It was her that realized what’s happening first. She grabbed my hand, and we ran. Just because of that, he got irritated. He caught up to us within a few seconds, since we did not go far at all. This was the first time I was so close to death. She pushed me to go further when he got close, but he stabbed her. She told me to run, and so I did, knowing that I can’t do anything even if I stay. Tears streamed down my cheeks without me realizing. My heart was beating really loudly as if others could hear too. I called the police while running, hoping that they’ll find him in a short amount of time. I don’t know what happened to him, but I do know that she died. Her parents didn’t act like they blamed me for taking her out at night, but I know they are. She used her life to save me. But she didn’t know that my life would be pointless without her…Maybe I should go find her now. 


The author's comments:

I like how I made it kind of obvious that “I” died.