Preface

It all occurred so quickly. In fact it happened at such speed I didn’t even have time to think about the situation.
Much less react.
Even if I did have enough time , what were my options. It would end in loss either way. In the end someone’s life would be no more, and the other would be unhappy.
My father deserved a lot of things, but he didn’t deserve death. Death didn’t deserve my father.
It was surreal. Everything in that instant was forgotten. No real emotion was felt. No actual thought went through my mind. The only thing envisioned were two bright lights, but not the kind that people usually say they experience in a near death experience. These lights belonged to the car speeding its way toward us.
Just as it was about to hit, it seemed to glide with exaggerated slowness. In that instant my fathers head turned to face me. His eyes wide. Frightened. He moved his lips, telling me something I simply couldn’t understand.
I closed my eyes, hoping this was all a dream, wishing Id wake sometime soon. As if closing my eyes wasn’t enough I covered them with my hands. Unable to see my fathers frightened expression. Yet failing miserably as the visual stayed in my mind.
I opened my eyes in defeat, in time to grab my fathers hand. He squeezed my hand in his, I was unable to look at his face. Scared to see Him scared.
I heard a loud crash, and a harsh screech, then felt the pain.
That’s when it was over.

shecklerkidd22 said...
Great job!
its soo good! U like it alot.
and keep working on it.

egdown said...
that was really good you put me in the character shoes, and was really really awesome [= i liked it two thumbs up

tgir85 said...
Jul. 6, 2009 at 12:53 am
oh my god!!! SOOO GOOD!!! keep working on it!!! ive been trying to write more then romance novels ve made several attempts as well...could you help?

trombonewriter said...
That has grreat imagery, vivid and present. So if it is a novel, why's dad deadand what does narrator think about it? I'd say keep going with it if this is representative