Vision | Teen Ink

Vision

By Warriordragon28 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Warriordragon28 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

In the world of perception, Izzy was my North Star, a celestial guide through the dimly lit labyrinth of my nearsighted existence. Her eyes were twin lanterns, beaming clarity into a universe that had long surrendered its crisp edges to my blurry realm.

I’d marvel at how her gaze painted the world with precision, while my own eyes swam in an impressionistic sea of colors and vague shapes. A murmuration of starlings overhead was like a living, breathing inkblot test for me, but to Izzy, it was a choreographed ballet in the sky, a symphony of winged precision.

We’d find ourselves on her porch, our haven of calm amidst the cacophony of the city. The streetlights blinked to life, casting their amber glow on the world. For me, it was a world of ghostly silhouettes and formless shadows, but for Izzy, it was a canvas of stories waiting to be read. She’d trace the constellations with her fingers in the sky, drawing lines between stars as if connecting dots on a celestial puzzle. I’d listen to her voice, like a nightingale serenading the cosmos, weaving tales from the constellations above.

Walking beside her was like navigating a garden of senses. Her laughter was the tinkling of wind chimes, her touch the warmth of a winter sunbeam, and her words, like petals, fell gently into my heart, creating a bouquet of friendship.

Izzy, with her unerring vision, was my translator in a world where the script was a blur. Our friendship was a symphony of complementary notes, a dance of contrasts, and a living testament to the beauty that exists when two souls, different yet harmonious, come together in the tapestry of life. Izzy was my North Star.