“New Shoes” | Teen Ink

“New Shoes”

Not only is the thrill of getting any new pair of shoes exhilarating, but the thrill relating to the arrival of the new pair of boots that you have been waiting on for weeks because your old pair is falling apart is just outstanding. Without a new pair then a player could not practice or eventually play on the greatest stage, the soccer field. The shopping for a pair of boots is even exhilarating and the buyer is often talked into buying a 200 dollar pair just by the advertisement that shows just how superior this pair is compared to at cheaper version of the shoe that just might be a little less comfortable or heavier on the feet.

After waiting for weeks, the much anticipated arrival of the boots has finally come and the white wrapped bag that contains the boots is sitting on the front porch under the archway to the front door. It is nestled in the bottom right hand corner of the door just to the left of my well worn flip flops. I immediately jump out of the car and tear across the driveway to the door. I rip of the door, firmly grasping the box in my hand. I can feel the shoe box within the pearl white bag and cannot wait to tear it open to reveal the treasure that it contains.

Sitting in the middle of the floor in the den, I lay down the bag and just gaze at it for what feels like hours but must only be a few seconds. I then tear the bag open to reveal the huge logo that covers the shoe box in its intertie. As I lift the lid of the box, this shine begins to flow from the windows, flooding the room with light immediately. My mom then walks into the room yelling, “What do you think you’re doing?! Your birthday isn’t until next week!”