Seasons | Teen Ink

Seasons

By 4buzzell BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
4buzzell BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

A baby. She is usually smiling, but sometimes she cries. Her parents always dress her in yellow. Not a bright yellow that hurts your eyes, but a dull pastel yellow. Her name is Spring. 

Her tears are raindrops that fall from the dark clouds. Her smile is the flowers that follow the rain. She dresses in yellow like the sun rising after a long winter. Her name is Spring. 

A young girl. She has blonde hair and bright blue eyes. She wears a bright pink dress. Her skin is tanned and her cheeks rosy. She is carefree. She is innocent. She has no stress. Her biggest worry is what ice cream flavor she is going to eat later, but she always chooses something new. Her name is Summer. 

Her blonde hair is the bright sun. Her eyes are the blue sky. Her bright pink dress is the colors of flowers that cover the ground. Her name is Summer.  

A teenage girl. She keeps quiet with her head down. She has auburn colored hair and pale skin. She is shy, but her personality comes out around her friends. She loves the color burgundy. She always wears oversized sweaters. Her name is Fall. 

Her hair is the leaves as they become orange and red. Her quiet personality is the way fall can be shortened or forgotten because of winter and summer. Her name is Fall. 

An old woman. Her hair has turned gray, almost white. Her face is wrinkled.  She sits in the corner of her house and reads. She has become lonely and her family has moved away. But she is content and she is wise. Her name is Winter. 

Her white hair is the snow that has fallen. Her wrinkled face is the branches after the leaves have fallen. She is wise and content because she knows spring is coming. Her name is Winter.