Driving to the store, more like riding to the store | Teen Ink

Driving to the store, more like riding to the store

November 30, 2022
By 4tilmont SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
4tilmont SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Sleek, smooth, luxury, and safe are just some of the many words used to describe this vehicle, which makes it something you need in your life. The BMW X5 40i is nothing but exceptional. Every feature on this car takes the experience of driving to a whole new level. From the second you sit on the nappa leather seats till you reverse into the parking spot using the super clear backup camera, it’s smooth sailing. It’s not only one feature that’ll make you fall in love, it is all of them combined. 

When you first sit and relax in the car your eyes are immediately drawn to the about 12.3 inch screen that displays an array of things. Some things that are displayed include music, incoming calls, podcasts, and as many things as a phone. This car has the apple car play option which will allow you to connect your phone onto the screen. Turning the screen into one big iphone. You can change music, make phone calls, listen to a podcast and get directions to anywhere with a tap on the screen. 

Along with the screen a very helpful feature is the hand motions. This car has a motion sensor to help you do things while driving. One of the motions is you make a sideways hand and move it either left or right in front of the screen. This will go back to the last song or go forward to the next one. Another hand motion is you take your pointer finger and point to the screen. Then you either move your finger clockwise to turn up the volume or counterclockwise to turn down the volume. You are also able to stop the music all together by making a peace sign and moving it down towards the screen. These hand motions make it easier to be a safer driver since you don't even have to look to do these motions. 

Safety is a big thing in this car. The way the car is laid out focuses on safety for the most part. On the steering wheel located on the right side there is a dial that allows you to scroll the music and is displayed on the heads up display. The heads up display is a display that is reflected on the  windshield making it safer to drive. On the heads up display it shows things like the speed, directions, and music choice. It is called a heads up display since your head is up at the road and not down constantly checking the speed. This makes it safer because the driver is always looking at the road. This display is only seen by the driver and is made for safer driving. 

As you open the car door and sit into those soft leather seats you’ll realize what a practical purchase you made. The vehicle drives smoothly on the road with the steering wheel guiding you back in the lines for everyone's safety on the way home. When you get home using the backup camera to perfectly reverse your new car in your garage. Overall this car will make you never want to drive another car again.