The Story of The Easter Bunny | Teen Ink

The Story of The Easter Bunny

By Author3946 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Author3946 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Once upon a time in a small forest there lived a Bunny. This particular bunny was the nicest you would ever meet. He loved making his friends smile so, one day he decided to make each of his friends a basket filled with their favorite treats. Once he was finished a large dark cloud began to fill the sky. Small raindrops began to grow into large raindrops. They fell faster and faster.

“The raindrops are going to ruin my baskets!” The bunny cried. He tucked the baskets under a hollowed-out spot in a tree and ran as fast as he could into his home. He fell fast asleep safe and sound in his bed. 

Early in the morning, the bunny heard a knock on his door. He jumped up from his bed and ran to see who it was. 

“We heard you had a gift for us!” His friends said excitedly when the bunny opened the door. 

“I do,” The bunny said. He ran past his friends but stopped suddenly. “I don’t remember where I put them.” The bunny said sadly. 

“That’s okay, we can have a lot of fun just looking for them,” His friend said. 

They began looking high and low for the baskets until one of the bunny’s friends shouted out, “I found mine!” The smile on her face gave the bunny a warm feeling inside. All around him his friends began to find their baskets. 

“That was fun! You should do this every year!” The bunny’s friend exclaimed after giving him a hug. The bunny nodded with joy. 

“I will do this for every forest!” The bunny said and raced off to the edge of the forest. He looked at the edge of the forest and realized he didn’t know where another forest was. The bunny looked around for help and spotted an owl in the trees above. “Excuse me, Sir, do you know where another forest is?” 

“Well yes, it is east sir,” The owl said from the trees. The bunny could quite hear the owl. 

“Easter… Easter,” The bunny said to himself. He liked the way it sounded. “That is what I will call today! On Easter, I will give baskets to all my friends in the forest!” The Bunny said excitedly. “Thank you Mr. Owl!” He said looking up at the Owl before hopping back to his friends.

The End!