Epilogue to Sweet Dreams | Teen Ink

Epilogue to Sweet Dreams

May 31, 2009
By storyofmylife PLATINUM, Mt. Olive, Alabama
storyofmylife PLATINUM, Mt. Olive, Alabama
27 articles 0 photos 38 comments

Favorite Quote:
If life gives you lemons. Paint them green and pretend they're limes.


As the sun rose I found myself on the edge of the world, waiting for twilight to descend, to start the beginning of a new day.
Anticipating the eternal longing to pull me closer to disappearance.
“Gab.”
I hear his voice, but I know it can’t be true. I stare off into the distance, with a tear sliding down my face.
“Gab, turn around.”
My breath catches and I start to shake.
It can’t be. Impossible.
“Please? Gabrielle.”
I close my eyes and turn my back to the sky.
When I open my eyes our faces are not even an inch apart.
My heart stops beating.
I stare into his crystal blue eyes, and my hand traces the outline of his face.
He lifts his hands and cups my face, leans over and whispers in my ear.
“I love you Gab. Always and forever, I will love you.”
And slowly his lips press themselves against mine. My breathing becomes short and vigorous. I lift my arms to wrap them securely around his neck, wishing that this moment could last forever. If every time I see him, we could be like this.


When I wake up, all I want to do is go back to sleep. Everyday it seems that my life is spent constantly wishing that I could sleep forever just so that I could see his face. Feel the warmth of his hands, or hear his velvet voice.
I know that my life will never be the same, but my whole life I was told that, sometimes the most beautiful things in life can also be the most painful.
Now, I believe it’s true.

The author's comments:
This is the Epilogue to a book i've been writing.... Hope you enjoyed it..