You Are Winter | Teen Ink

You Are Winter

By alh218 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
alh218 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

You stand tall, blocking the invisible doorway of summer. Flakes from the sky engulf the globe in a white casting. The seemingly everlasting frigid air makes it remarkable to once remember green grasses and warm sunny days. The cold you make lasts too long. You are winter. 

A depression begins to linger as you take your time to leave. Lasting for months at a time, feelings only return as the summer sunlight comes back around. You drain the light from the sky, and emotions freeze because of the cold. You are brutal and rapid, your wind chill biting faces and nipping at fingertips. You are winter.

Hills topped in snow and ice blocking roads make your need to leave more necessary. Your air, crisp and clear. Your air numbs all senses. You are a moment of pure bliss. Your small glistening snowflakes landing gracefully on fresh snow. You are the creator of stunning snowflakes, so unique that no two are the same. You are winter. 

Your skies are not clear blue with fluffy white clouds, like summer. You do not rain week after week, creating new flowers, like spring. You do not cover the earth in red and orange leaves, like fall. Hard to adore, you are winter.