A New World | Teen Ink

A New World

May 19, 2009
By Anna Gamble BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia
Anna Gamble BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Jonas and Gabe reached the top of the hill. When they got to the top hill, they looked down and saw a brightly colored house inside and out. Red, Green, Blue, Yellow. He saw all the colors. The house was filled with joy, happiness, and love. Jonas raced down the hill with Gabe and hid in the bushes. He was confused; did he want to just keep going and ignore the house or, should he go knock at the door? All of a sudden he had this huge urge to go knock at the door. When he got to the door, he was a little scared. He hesitated but he suddenly started to knock at the door.
A tall, bald, man came to the door and said “Hello, how may I help you?” Jonas couldn’t fit the words together in his head. He thought long and hard. He said “Hi. My name is Jonas and this is my bother, Gabe. We have come a long way and we need food and water. Please help us.” The tall man said “Oh dear, Lord! Please come in. Honey, get lots of blankets and hot chocolate.” Jonas entered the house and was toppled with blankets. Some old lady had taken Gabe and wrapped him up with blankets. Jonas knew what she was, she was a grandmother. Jonas was asked so many questions. He answered all of them without lying. The family couldn’t believe all that he had done. The tall man have Jonas and Gabe a bed to sleep in, Jonas was so delighted with all the kindness the family have him and Gabe. He quickly fell asleep in the soft, warm, bed.

In the morning, he was woken up by the tall, bald, man. He said “Let’s talk.” Jonas nodded is head. The man told him that they would love to take Gabe and him and that they could live with them. Jonas had this huge smile on his face. He was so happy and excited to see what the future ahead of him was like.