Last Words | Teen Ink

Last Words

May 14, 2009
By McKenna Tucker BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana
McKenna Tucker BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Being so mean to her mom, was the wrong thing to do. She knew, but really had no clue. She begged her mom, “Please, let me go to the party.” Her mom refused, for she knew what a bad party could do. There could be drugs, next thing drinking, and then driving. It was a risk her mom was just not willing to take. She just wanted her daughter home this one night. Her daughter yelled at her mom, screaming things that were so wrong. Her daughter told her mom that she wished she were just gone. She stormed up the stairs to her room. The daughter had been in her room long enough to realize what she had said was wrong. She slowly walked downstairs with so much guilt to apologize.She said, “Mom, forgive me. I don’t even want to go to that party anymore. I wanna spend the night with you.” She sat by her mom. Then soon realized this person wasn’t like her mom. It was a still and breathless woman. She called 911. The ambulance came and said it was too late. She had suffered a heart attack. The daughter cried, for she would always remember those last harsh words she told her mom.