Relapse(intro) | Teen Ink

Relapse(intro)

By Ant_Hill BRONZE, North Charleston, South Carolina
Ant_Hill BRONZE, North Charleston, South Carolina

I can hear them. They're getting closer. I finally made it to the 17th floor. I never noticed how long this hallway was. I broke out into a sprint. I quickly turned around to see two figures at the end of the hallway. "Doc, open the door!" I yelled. When I said that, the door in front of me opened. "Hurry up, son!" a voice yelled from the other side. I stepped inside the room and quickly closed and locked the door. "Doc, where is he?" I asked while panting loudly. "Unfortunately, he's in a very horrible place at the worst time possible." he replied. I glanced at the monitor to see New York, 2001 flashing in front of me. My heart sank at the only possible answer. "Start her up, Doc!" I said while making my way across the room. "Already a step ahead of you, my boy." There was a banging noise coming from outside the door. "They're here. Hurry son, sit down!" I sat down in the most uncomfortable chair ever. The banging continued. "Are you ready?" he asked. I could barely hear him. The sound of my heart pounding in my chest drowned out his voice. "Are you ready!?" he said even louder. "No!" I replied. "Too late, my boy." As he said that, he downed the switch. A blinding light flashed in my eyes and it felt like I was falling backwards. The last thing I heard were gunshots going off and Doc yelling out, "8263 Main, my boy!" Then it went quiet. Did I make it? "Excuse me, sir. Are you okay?" I opened my eyes to see a businessman standing over me. "Where...where am I?" I asked. "You're in New York." My brain felt like it was on fire. "What's today's date?" I asked while getting to my feet. "It's September 11th!"

This here is actually part of a full story that I am writing. If you want to know more about it, just hit me up!