night with a junior | Teen Ink

night with a junior

November 25, 2008
By Anonymous

I kept looking at Anthony and then Taylor. Back and forth, and side to side. And all of a sudden we heard the door open and Taylor, Anthony and I were all freaking out. Anthony and I ran to the back door and stood outside. Anthony went back inside and Taylor had left because someone from outside was calling his name. Anthony came back outside to let me in and we stood in the locker room for a while in silence. Anthony looked out of the door that leads to the hall and he said that the coast was clear. I walked into the hall making sure that no one was around and Anthony walked out right behind me and we walked around for a bit.


“I need to talk to you.” Anthony said.


“What did I do this time?”


“Hold on.” Anthony walked toward the door that lead to outside and signaled me over. I walked over there scared of what he was going to do and he told me to go outside.


“The doors gonna lock if you close it.” I said.


Anthony grabbed a corner of the carpet that was inside right in front of the door, and made the carpet hang out a bit so that when we closed it, the door wouldn’t close all the way. Anthony walked in front of me and went towards the outside of the boy’s locker room.


“It’s cold” I said wrapping my arms around my chest to keep me warm.

Anthony kept on walking as if he didn’t hear what I just said. I walked right behind Anthony until we reached the inside of the little brick square that wrapped around the boy’s locker room door. He stood at the entrance of the square and I stood outside.


“What’s going on?” Anthony asked.


“I don’t know! Why don’t you tell me?!” I screamed.


“Shhhh. You don’t need to yell.”


“I’m sorry. I’m a little mad right now. I don’t even know what’s going on. People are telling you stuff that I never even said.”

Anthony looked down at his shoes and put his hands in his pockets. He started to lean back and forth and said:


“Look. This is kinda hard for me to say but……. I like you. But your brother is my best friend and all, so maybe next year? Does that sound good?”

I couldn’t believe it! He actually likes me! I feel as if I’m gonna pass out any second. I take a hard swallow and breathed. I don’t know what to say. My mind is fluttering all over and I’m so happy!


“Sure.” I said understandingly. I made it look as if I didn’t really care about what he said.

I crossed my arms to keep me warm and slowly turned around and started to walk away. The leaking hose hit me with its mist, and sent a sudden chill down my spine. “Is that it?” I thought to myself all confused about what had just happened.


“What? Do I not get a hug?” he asked me.

I sighed and turned around to give him a hug. “There we go. That’s more like it.” I thought. I reached him around the corner of the bricks where no one could see us and got on my tippy toes. I leaned in to give him a hug, but when I was putting my head on his shoulder, he moved his head back. Our eyes locked on one another. We were in our own little world. Just the two of us. He tilted his head so that his hat wouldn’t get in the way and leaned forward. I knew what was happening and I thought that it was a dream. I’m in heaven! Our lips touched and our tongues collided. It was my first kiss. Well at least it felt that way. I have never felt this way before. My stomach was filled with butterflies and my body was weak. I think this is a dream. I pull back and he looks at me with those brown eyes of his and looked confused. Then I knew. It wasn’t a dream. It was all really happening. We leaned back in and started to make out again. He put his hands on my waist and started to push back. We went into the far corner of the little space right in front of the back door to the boy’s locker room. I felt as if nothing could go wrong that night.

I had never seen this coming in a million years. I have never made out with a guy that I had a huge crush on and that he liked me. We were outside doing the same thing for like ten minutes! How long could this go on for? I asked myself in my mushy brain.


“My mom’s looking for me.” I told Anthony.


“Dang it.” He said softly.

I leaned back away from him and started to walk toward the doors. The night had gone from sunset to pitch black. The only way that I was able to see was the school lights outside.


“Can I have a good-bye kiss?” he asked me still behind the bricks.


“Of course. Why not?” I said with a small smile. So small that he wouldn’t notice.

I walked back towards him and stood not but a foot away from him. I then again had to stand on my almost broken toes to reach him, and closed my eyes. My body became limber and when we separated I was sad. To me it felt like there was no time at all. I headed back toward the big, silver, metal doors and noticed that they were closed.


“See. Now the doors are locked.” I told Anthony with annoyance.


“I’m sorry.” He told me with his frozen hands in his coat pocket, and his shoulders hunched.

I started to bang the 7 foot doors to save my life. I pounded so hard that the people from the gym could hear me.


“Shhhh.” Anthony said.

Why does he always tell me to be quiet? I don’t get it. I mean it’s not like we’re in the library or something.


“How about I go around to the front and then let you in?” he asked shivering from the ice cold wind.


“Okay…….” I said.

Anthony turned around and started running toward the front of the school. When he got around the side of the school when I couldn’t see him anymore, I started to bang on the doors again. I saw a couple girls and hit the doors even harder. One of the girls from the other school looked at me and let me in.


“Thank you.” I said.


“Your welcome.” Replied one of the girls.

I looked around to see if Anthony was anywhere and when I didn’t see him, I walked into the gym where the varsity team was playing. I was walking on the side of the court so I didn’t get in the way and I heard someone yell my name from the stands. I turned toward the stands and skimmed through the people. I saw my brother and figured that it was him.


“Ooooo. You’re in trouble.” He said


“Why?” I asked.


“Mom’s looking for you.”


“Where is she?”

He pointed toward the doors on the other side of the gym and I got a little worried when I saw her. And I was really sad that she was here because Anthony was gonna give me a ride to Everson. That would have been really cool. I walked over to my mom and she looked at me with a suspicious smile.


“What?” I asked.


“Did you find Anthony?”


“What are you talking about?”


“Anthony came through the doors and I asked him if he saw you and he said yeah, and that he was gonna go and get you.”


“Oh….. No I didn’t find him hold on.”

I walked over to Leslie who was sitting on the first bench of the bleachers and stood right in front of her.


“When you find Anthony can you tell him that I had to leave?” I asked.


“Sure.”

I looked up out the doors on the far side and saw Anthony walking down the steps.


“There he is.” I told Leslie.

Leslie got up and started to walk toward him. When I got to my mom I turned around and saw Leslie talking to Anthony and when Anthony looked over toward me I waved and left outside with my mom to go home. I couldn’t stop thinking about him. “What if he doesn’t remember this tomorrow?” I thought to myself. Whatever. As long as I remember I’m all good. My mom and I left the warm cozy high school into the cool abyss. We headed toward her blue, Seahawks car and sat on the cloth padding. The whole ride to Everson I couldn’t stop thinking about Anthony. I mean not every day do I get t make out with a hot guy. I will remember this night for as long as I live.

As the days go by, I still look at Anthony the way I always do and smile. He usually smiles back and waves. A week after the amazing night I just had to tell my friends that Anthony and I made out.


“He kissed me too.” Said my friend Brianna.

My heart broke into 15 pieces. Every piece was the minute I spent with Anthony that night. I guess I’m not that lucky. I suppose that he just does this to every girl in the school. But I don’t want to believe it! He told me he hasn’t asked out a girl in two years. Maybe he said that because he likes being single and doing all this stuff to girls all over. My heart could not stand it.


“Interesting” I replied looking as if I didn’t care what she had to say.

I turned around and started to walk away. “Wow. How can this be happening to me? I really liked him and I thought that he liked me also. I guess he doesn't care about how the girls feel. As long as he’s happy and gets what he wants, nothing else matters.” I couldn’t stop thinking about it. My head ached with hurt and my heart was crying with pain.

The importance in life is laughter, kindness and love. Not love as in a feeling for a boy, but love as in god, family, or friends. Boys are just the illness to our lives. Can’t live with them, can’t live without them. Boys in this world can make a girl do crazy. Girls would do anything to make the guy of their dreams have feelings for them. As my dad tells me “a pile of poop could be wrapped in the nicest gift wrapping, but once you open up the gift wrapping, you’re still left with the same old nastiness that makes you feel bad.” Like a person for who the REALLY are. Don’t like them because of the gift wrapping. Importance is friends. True friends are hard to come by, but boys will always be here. Don’t rush your feelings into boys. Have patience.

So now I know that the world isn’t all about boys. Sure you can have a crush on them as long as you want but don’t make the same mistake I did. If you really fall for a guy, you are more likely to fall even harder. They can break your heart in the blink of an eye. Life is about love, kindness, and laughter

Not about boys, looks, and relationships. I have learned my lesson, and you know what I’m left with? A broken heart.








To be continued……………….


The author's comments:
I like to write about almost everything. I have written a few books with my oldest brother. i LOVE to read and write. i don't know what i would do in this world without paper and a book.