True Vampires | Teen Ink

True Vampires

May 4, 2009
By A____S GOLD, Amarillo, Texas
A____S GOLD, Amarillo, Texas
14 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
If your mind is in the past, your eyes are not seeing the present and you can't plan for the future. AS.


“What the…” I said falling off the top bunk again. “What did I tell you Zack, if you don’t put guards on the sides you will fall off when you wake up?” Said my annoying little brother Jack.

“Well if you would stop taking them off, I wouldn’t fall off every morning now would I? I shot back picking myself up off the floor. I walked over to the book shelf and pulled the art book out of place and shoved it in the hidden lock in the shelf. “Don’t stay in bed to long of we will be late for class.”

“We are demons of the night not normal teens why don’t we ask mom if we can go to a high school that has dorms and a night school.” Jack said getting out of his bed and heading to the shower.

“And don’t shout when the water is red.” I said as he turned the water on
“Aaaaagggggggghhhhhhhh!” he screamed

“What did I tell you.” I said as I descended to the floor 35 feet below. As I got 20 feet down I started to will my self forward “Breakfast in Ten.” I called up the tower.

“What are you making?” Jack called from our room.

“What do you think?” I said as I landed in the kitchen. “Are you up for some training this morning?” I said heading to the hall.

“Like what? Magic, sword fighting, sharp shooting? What” He said with his best every thing over his shoulder.

“I was thinking hand to hand. Like that blade movie we saw last night but without the light gloves. And garlic soaked spikes. Knuckles or not?” I said as I got 4 blood bags out of the freezer.
OK, for the people how are slow on the uptake my brother and I aren’t normal. We are vampires like the Blade movies but better. Like the fact that we can drop over six hundred feet and land on our feet with no problem. But you humans all think we are monsters so if your like them, well, GET LOST! I'm sick of your kind freaking every time they find out who we are and what we are. I mean, I don’t kill people for food like the story’s say we never did we would feed of the freshly dead if we had to but we liked animal blood better. And we dint kill them then either we would take some from all of the animals in the town then we would be good for weeks. And if you think we kill your kind for food now you’re wrong. Who do you think made the Red Cross and other places that take blood? We vampires think your lucky that we still feed of animals most of the time or their wouldn’t be any blood left for when you need it. But I digress.

“Knuckles definitely.” He said like I knew he would.

“Ya that’s what I thought.” I said grabbing the Golden fighting knuckles off the top shelf witch was 30 feet up. “Spiked or not?” I asked after I landed.

“Let’s go not since we are going to school in a few hours.” He said more to himself then to me.

“Wow your finely using your head.” I said with a chuckle. As I tossed the box and my jacket to the side letting my wings stretch.

Ok if your paying any attention then you should be saying, What The H***. (Those of you who are old enough to know what it should say, please don’t tell the younger people what it means) If you’re asking your self how do we have wings? Then you up to speed. We got them when we were bit by our “dad”. What happened is another story for another day. Our wings are like a bat’s but bigger and different color then normal bats take mine for an example mine are black with red and silver edges. Jacks are night blue.

“Ok 65 minuets on the clock 10 second delay. Let’s go.”
10 9 8 7 6 I started to count down until the bell 3 2 1. BOOM!!!