What if you could fly | Teen Ink

What if you could fly

May 14, 2019
By smilechild SILVER, Daytona Beach, Florida
smilechild SILVER, Daytona Beach, Florida
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
it is not in the stars that hold our destiny it is in ourselves.- shakespeare


What if you could fly? Not in the sense of having a pair of wings sprout from your back, but you just awaken one morning soaring above the clouds as the early morning stars shine on the clouds below your toes. What would you do? Of course there is the initial fear, how did I get here? How do I get down?
But who among you readers out there would embrace it? Not at first of course, because life always has a way of making you trepidatious and feel all wiggly in the stomach even if what happened was something you have been looking forward to your whole life. When would you go from “I want to go home" to “I feel at home”? This is how I view life, in a sense, soaring with the ground – home – below or behind you and the stars – your hopes and dreams – just above you, flitting out of reach. All it takes is that sudden burst of courage or fearlessness for you to push against the wind keeping you afloat and you soar higher and grasp the stars that had seemed so far away.
It brings me peace in these fearful moments to know that I am rising ever so slightly in my air current as the days pass. I’m getting closer to the stars, even if still – impossibly – I still have a foot in the door of my home. Once I grasp the stars that join my reach I will have to emerge from the doorway and use these stars to light the windows of my own home. Thank you passed time and thank you ground for holding me before my trials have lifted me up and I can’t wait to see what happens.
Thank you