Name Essay | Teen Ink

Name Essay

By 0mehling BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin
0mehling BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin

My name represents the color green. I think the color green represents serenity and peacefulness. Green could represent “Ryan” because of the sound that is given off when you say it. When you say my name, I feel like it flows off my tongue in a smooth, lush way. This reminds me of the tall trees in a quiet green forest. My name represents the mountains. In the high mountains the snow covers the peaks covering up personality that has yet to be shown. This place is very serene and mysterious because of this. The mountains also represent a strong characteristic because of how tall and sturdy they are. I feel like this relates to me because I don't tend to give up on things. I will try and try until I am satisfied with my work.

Coming from the perspective of my personality, These places have a lot of potential to offer. Right now in life I am pretty simple when it comes to my personality, but maybe in the feature there may be more things for me to learn about myself.

If my name was a texture it would definitely be a smooth texture, like a stone shaped by a river. I think this because my personality is pretty straightforward, I don't really have a lot of highs and lows, I just feel like smooth represents this. According to a couple different websites, the name “Ryan” carries the traits of being Independent, Resourceful, and Practical. This means that I can get around by myself and I don't need a lot of guidance in life. Hence the term smooth.     

Sometimes people ask, “Would you ever want to change your name?”. I do not think I would ever change my name.  I think that we were given our name for a reason. It doesn't matter what the story behind it was. Over time I think that everybody adapts to their name.  I think that as you have your name you gain the characteristics that represent your name overtime.

In conclusion, I like my name and I think that I was given my name for a reason. It fits me well because I have adapted all of the different traits that my name has to offer. Everybody's name means something and personally I like my name and it’s connection to my personality.  

This is a Name Essay that describes my name personally.