What's in a Name | Teen Ink

What's in a Name

By Rebecalanda BRONZE, New Castle, Colorado
Rebecalanda BRONZE, New Castle, Colorado

In English, my name means “Servant of God”. In Spanish, it means to bind. It means energetic, it means joyful. It is like a vibrant color. A happy song. It is to many letters. It’s a common name.

It was a name from the bible and now it is mine. I got name Rebeca because my dad is really religious and he reads the bible a lot. He really liked the name Rebeca and when he found out it was in the bible he decided to name me Rebeca. I never really understood what my name means. I like my name even if I didn’t get it from someone who I’m related to.

All I ever understood was that Rebeca was a name from the bible. This is the name of the wife of Isaac and the mother of Esau and Jacob in the bible. I really like how my name connects to the bible. At first, I didn’t like my name because I thought there was no meaning behind it it was just a regular name, but now I notice that you Rebeca means more than I thought it did.

People would always call me is Becky, I never liked when people would call me Becky. Becky is a shorter way of saying Beca and I didn’t like it because I would always say that my name is Rebeca and not Beca. I would rather be named Kylie or my middle name to be Kylie. I have always like the name Kylie. Kylie means beautiful spirit.

It's the meaning of the name Rebeca