2024: A New Frontier | Teen Ink

2024: A New Frontier

By Greydon_Niehay SILVER, Fairfield, Idaho
Greydon_Niehay SILVER, Fairfield, Idaho

Hey I think you're pretty neat, but I respect your distance.

Six and a half years have passed since Penelope had simply laid down and started to stare at the ceiling of an old warehouse. He has finally decided it was time for her to go back to his house. She began the long walk back to his house. As she approached the front door his parents swung it open. They immediately started asking questions like; where were you? Have you eaten? Why haven’t you called? Penelope was outraged by her parents lack of trust in his phenomenal survival skills. She needed to let out all of his anger, so she began to look for his biracial dog. She finally found it cowering away in the dungeon. As the dog emerged from the shadows he noticed the dog’s crooked snout was filled with gray hairs. Penelope hated the color gray. She grabbed the biracial dog by the hind legs and yeeted him into the family sinkhole. He was just starting to calm down when her family started to ask him a load of useless questions like; Why did you do that? What is wrong with you? Why can’t you be normal? She looked her pathetic parents right in the eyes, blinked fourteen times, stood on one leg, and collapsed. When he awoke she leaped to his feet and ran out the front door. Once outside she sprinted 132 miles to the golden gate bridge, once there he climbed to the highest point and swan dived off into the frigid San Francisco bay. He was never seen again.

2018 was undoubtably a very confusing year in terms of gender identity, but 2024 gets a whole lot more confusing.