The Strange Picture | Teen Ink

The Strange Picture

By RyanGio SILVER, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
RyanGio SILVER, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts

In LA, California, Gretchen Garcia is 29 and a famous actor mostly for tv and Netflix shows. She was in many plays and was well known for her talent to adapt to any characters behavior and be great acting it out. Some of the shows she premiered in are Enjoy The Bread, The Apology Card, and A Hard Time.

My husband, Rafael Solano, has a share of 20% of his family’s hotel called the LA Grand located in the booming city of Los Angeles, California right on the beach.

Both of my parents got divorced when I was five, and both disappeared shortly after the divorce. My siblings and I lived in a mansion-sized house for the beginnings of our childhood. When we were younger, me, my older sister Rose who is 31, and my younger brother Rohaleo who is 27, had to be brought to a foster home. Two painful years later, My Aunt Mia had adopted us all, and from that point on, we all lived happily together as one family.

My sister Rose discovered that after my parents disappeared and the house was for sale, my Uncle and Aunt bought my parents house to keep it in the family. Rose was right, and I was so excited because I was able to get my old room back.   

Our Uncle Tim did not warm up to us so quickly because he has never had kids before and never saw us because he was always working at the hotel. As a few months went along, Tim warmed up to us and tried to work from home so that he could spend more time with my family and me.

There is this small country that my family likes to visit for two weeks before Christmas called Aldovia. Two years ago, a week before we go, my sister Rose gets a phone call at work from the Aldovian royal family and finds out that she has been coronated to be the new Princes of Aldovia. She couldn’t say no as this was the biggest dream of her life that was about to become true, and the wedding date was set to be two years later on Christmas day. That brings us to the present, the night before the royal wedding of Rose Doyle and Richard Lloyd.

Before the rehearsal wedding Rose, Gretchen and her husband, and Richard go on a slay ride through the forest covered in the beautiful snow of the land.

“Why has the royal family been cursed for all of these years,” Gretchen asked in curiosity.

“Every time there is a marriage, and a new prince's something enenomicly goes wrong in the country, and we don’t know who causes it every year” Richard exclaimed.

“You have lied to me this whole time about the curse” Rose raged with anger.

“I have lied to you because I didn’t want you to know this marriage may curse the economy again and I didn’t want you to leave me because I love you” Richard explained in guilt.

“I forgive you because you were trying to protect me and I appreciate that you told me so I can fix this” Rose explained in determination.

They all returned to the Palace and got ready for the rehearsal dinner. Gretchen got ready with Rose and had a fun time. I don’t know how but Rafael and Richard became best friends in a matter of a week. They had one of the best nights of their lives with Gretchen and her family with the royal family. Gretchen's friends came to the dinner and had a fun time with her too.

The next morning Gretchen’s and her family went out to breakfast at the Seasons Cafe. Rose, of course, had to wear a disguise so the press wouldn’t see her, it worked for the most part. This was the last time that Rose will have with her family before the wedding, so this was important to her.

That afternoon, Gretchen had felt nauseous and was continuously vomiting, and something came across her mind that she was pregnant. This couldn’t be, so she went to the royal doctor in the Palace and got tested, and she was three weeks pregnant. She said to herself that this is the worst time to find out and deal with. My sister is getting married in a couple of hours.

Then she gets a call from her high school best friend Kim and finds out she has cancer and is not far away from passing away. Gretchen goes into her room crying and tells Rafael that she is pregnant and that her friend Kim is at the final breaths of her life with cancer. Gretchen can’t go back to the United States because her sister is getting married in a couple of hours.

Rose wore the dress that Richard’s grandmother wore in her wedding, so it was a fantastic dress. Richard wore a handsome frock coat that his grandfather wore in his marriage. The vows were the best part of the ceremony because they spoke the truth of how they met and the little bumps in the road they had and of course the love for each other they both shared.

The reception was the highlight of the wedding for Gretchen because she had the best night with her sister that she was very close with and the whole family and that now includes the royal family as well. There was a DJ, a full bar, and a dance floor. The food was also fantastic as it should be. Richard and Rose danced the night away.

The next morning Gretchen was trying to get a flight back to LA to give a letter to Kim’s husband and found the perfect trip for two seats. She didn’t want to go back because she probably wasn’t going to see a flight again because of the holiday vacation was ending for kids in LA. She did find a trip to go back but not for three days, but that was enough time for her.

She got ready and said bye to her family for a few days, and she and Rafael headed to the airport that afternoon. She wrote the note on the plane ride home and was so heartbroken, and she also had to apologize that she hadn’t seen Kim in a long time and wanted to forgive her for not staying in touch for so long.

They got off the plane five hours later and headed for Kim and Kevin’s house to give the card to Kim’s husband, Kevin. As they were walking, she got a mysterious phone call from the hospital. The nurse over the phone said that Kim just passed and her husband was with her for her last breath. When Gretchen hung up, she dropped the card and fell to the ground and hit her stomach and might have damaged the baby.