Aliens | Teen Ink

Aliens

April 21, 2009
By Jessica Latsha BRONZE, Dauphin, Pennsylvania
Jessica Latsha BRONZE, Dauphin, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

One day I was walking home from school. It was a warm, sunny day. I was just about to turn on to my street, and that’s when it happened.
I say a stream of light go across the sky. At first I thought it was a shooting star, but it was light outside. How would that be possible?

Then I heard a crash coming from the near by woods. I ran there as fast as I could. I had to see what it was. When I got there most of the trees looked like they had been cut down.
Climbing over logs and through bushes was a lot harder then I thought. I kept falling. I was determined to find whatever it was. I don’t know why I wasn’t scared. Any other person would have ran away from the noise, but I had to see what it was.
I soon came to an opening in the woods. It looked like there was a big crater in the ground. Something was glowing. It almost looked like a star. I decided to take a closer look.
Something was moving. I almost screamed, but quickly covered my mouth. I didn’t want it to see me. At first I thought it as a person. Then it seemed more like an animal.
Scared and speechless I slowly started to back away. It was the scariest thing I have ever seen. I soon realized it wasn’t from this planet. It couldn’t be it had to be. An alien!
I turned to from the alien looked straight at me. I froze in fear. It was the ugliest thing I had ever seen. It had green skin and boney arms. It almost looked like E.T.
It then ran towards me. I ran away as fast as I could. The alien ran like a dog. It was fast. I just made it out of the woods.
The alien stopped chasing me. Where did it go? Why didn’t it follow me? Questions ran through my head I didn’t know what to do.
The walk home seemed to take forever. As soon as I got home I locked the door and went to bed.
The next day was hard. I couldn’t concentrate. I couldn’t stop thinking about the alien.
When I got home there was no one there. I looked around the whole house. No sign of anyone. I went in my room and locked the door behind me. I sat on my bed with a baseball bat ready to swing at anyone that walked in.
It felt like hours had passed. I grew tired. I soon fell asleep. When I woke up I wasn’t in my room. I tried to sit up. But I couldn’t move I was tied down. There was nothing around me.
I started to hear noises outside the room. Them my worst fear came true. The creature I saw in the woods walked through the door.