A Bad Dream | Teen Ink

A Bad Dream

By Mr.Omega BRONZE, Champaign, Illinois
Mr.Omega BRONZE, Champaign, Illinois

On August 30, at 6:30 in the morning, Josh’s alarm went off. Josh slowly awoke, because he was having a good dream, and he wanted to stay in that dream world. Josh slowly got up, and made his way to the bathroom down the hall.
When he got into the bathroom, he began his daily routine, and when he looked into the mirror, the image was covered in blood which seemed to be originating from his forehead, the image in the mirror then seemed to possess a mind of its own and rammed itself into the mirror, which cracked – only that the outside that Josh could touch was smooth, like a mirror that was not broken.
Josh awoke with a start, and immediately checked his face with his hands, there was no blood or a bullet hole on his face. He checked the time and date on his docking station and saw that it was 6:30 A.M. on August 30. Josh got up, and went down to the bathroom and saw that the mirror was fine; it didn’t look like it had any crack. Josh got ready for school and went to school.
When he got to school, Jim, Josh’s friend, reminded him of the English presentation that was supposed to be presented today by his group, which included Josh, Jim, and two other students.
“Thanks for reminding me, buddy” said Josh in a sarcastic tone, and walked off
“What’s his problem?” wondered Jim to himself.
During first hour, Josh found himself falling asleep multiple times, although each time he tried to sleep, he heard a gunshot, which kept waking him up. Josh kept wondering why he kept hearing gunshots, but put these incidents in the back of his mind.
By third hour, Josh managed to get about ten minutes of sleep, and was feeling a bit better rested than he did in the morning. At eleven in the morning, Josh was in Algebra, the teacher was reviewing fractions with the class, when the intercom went off
“Could you please send Josh Spelden down to the office?” asked the lady in the office over the intercom
“Sure, he will be right down.” Replied the teacher, “Josh, you heard her; you’re needed in the office.”
Josh got up, and left the room. As Josh walked down the dark hallway, he wondered why he was being called down to the office. When he got to the entrance of the office, a man turned around and pulled out a .44 Magnum.
The gun itself was huge. The barrel of the gun was elongated and the chambers were modified to hold custom rounds. Josh also noticed a handle of a combat knife in the belt of the man’s pants, which was briefly visible when his black overcoat was whipped around.
Three loud shots rang out, and Josh was thrown into the wall and his body exploded in pain. The man turned around and killed people in the office, then ran out of the school.
On the roof a couple miles away, the man looked at the school through binoculars, and saw an ambulance take Josh way. Josh’s clothes, by this time were dyed red because of the massive holes in his body caused by the gun.
“Very good” said an unknown voice, for the man was not with anyone else
“Thank you, Master” the man replied, and he continued watching the ambulance drive away.
Josh awoke in his bed, drenched in sweat. He saw that it was 6:30 on August 30. He checked his body, and did not see or feel any holes that were not supposed to be there. He felt his forehead, and it was complete, he went into the bathroom and saw that the mirror was not broken.
“Oh, s***, that was scary” said Josh to himself.

pictolover SILVER, Brookfield, Missouri

"Life is like a roller coaster. When you don't know what to do buckle up, close your eyes, and enjoy the ride."

This was great!! how he had a dream of a dream. I wasn't expecting the end. Write more! I really like it.

Quinney GOLD said...
Quinney GOLD, Rantoul, Illinois
Oh wow I loved it.... it was a little dark but had a great ending. I really liked how it was all just a dream in the end.