Name Essay | Teen Ink

Name Essay

September 26, 2018
By RCope28 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
RCope28 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Ryan mean “little King”. Ryan comes from the land of leprechauns. The name Ryan was a name used in royalty back then. The name was dug up from the graves of my ancestors. Influenced by my father’s friend’s last name.


My name is easy-going, and gentle sounding. The name Ryan feels smooth with no sharp sounding letters.  My name is like the waves, because it's calming. Ryan feels like an approachable name. My name is said only one way, or extension making it a simple name. yet it can be mixed up with Brian. Those names are similar sounding. But Ryan is shorter and is a little easier to say. My first and last name match up in length.


The name Ryan is popular. The tallies for people using the name Ryan would would probably be pretty high compared to all the other names. Its popularity and simplicity is one reason why people may not like the name.  For me it's been an easy name. Everyone knows the name so I don't have to spell it out or usually repeat myself.


Ryan feels cool, like the color blue. It rhymes with the color Cyan. The color of Cyan represents the softness of my name, Since Cyan is easy to look at. Its light and cool evokes a calming feeling.


    Of all the names that I could have, Ryan fits most effectively for who I am. My personality and easy going nature resemble the approachable and smooth way the name Ryan sounds.