The homeless boy | Teen Ink

The homeless boy

March 2, 2018
By wyatt.c BRONZE, Council Bluffs, Iowa
wyatt.c BRONZE, Council Bluffs, Iowa
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Ricky went to school. Luckily it wasn't too far for him to walk because it was cold. His car was at least warm. Today was the day he was going to finally do it. He was going to ask Jessica to prom seeing how it was today, although she might not be popular he still like her, a lot. That day as Ricky was walking to his class he found her. She was with her friends. He looked at the way she flipped her hair as she was getting out of her face. He walked up as she was going to her class and her friend immediately stopped in the middle of the doorway.
“Dammit Justice,” He thought as he knew that she knew his intentions so he made them not happen. Justice is Jessica's best friend and is very overprotective. As Ricky was walking to his own class he realized his torn shoe was coming apart at the bottom. His shirt was ripped in a couple spots and he didn't necessarily smell the best. The car was his home. Ricky went to the class and people gave him dirty looks. They didn't understand what he was going through and they're all to stuck up to notice. As the bell of greatness rang he walked or practically ran to Jessica's class. He was able to stop her.
    “Hey Jessica, um-I was wondering if you wanted to get something to eat after school, maybe at Clancy's and then go to prom together, now I know this isn't some extravagant way to ask someone but I feel like my words would be more meaningful than anything else”
    “Well, you definitely aren't the best at talking she said, but I have been wanting to go to Clancys, so yes I will.”
    A huge weight was just lifted off of his shoulders. But he had a new weight of getting his car cleaned and finding a way to actually even get in to eat at clancies. He immediately rushes out to his car and starts throwing all of his clothes in the backseat. He took his cologne and sprayed it everywhere. After that, he went back to the school. He impatiently waited for his class to end. Three minutes later he heard the bell ring and practically sprinted this time to Jessica's class. Justice tried to stop him but he ran right past her and grabbed Jessica by the arm like a gentleman and took her to his car. On the way there they didn't talk much but Jessica was almost repulsed by the way his car smelled. As they got into the fancy restaurant Ricky needed to find away around the sign in desk. As he was taking other people names down on the phone they slipped by. They sat down and the waiter asked how their evening was going. Jessica under her breath said “stinky.”

    As the waiter came back up to take their order she looked at Jessica and said, “and for you?” Jessica replied with “to get out of here” the waiter brushed it off but it really hit Ricky hard.

    Ricky went to the bathroom and as he came back Jessica was gone. She had left. He snuck out of the restaurant as usual and went to his car and went straight to the dance. He saw the guy that Jessica was with. He went straight over to her and said “what are you doing.” she replied with “do I know you?” Ricky looked extremely surprised. He didn't know what to do and he had bottled all the anger up from all night and took it all out on the guy Jessica was with. He threw one punch and didn't stop until about 25 later as his knuckles were bloody and the other guy's face was beaten and bruised. He got picked up and practically thrown by the cop as he was detained and put in the back of the car. He was thinking about making a huge decision of opening the door and running. He thought about it for a minute and then he counted, Three, Two, One. He opened it and ran as fast and as hard as he could. After that, Ricky was never seen again.


The author's comments:

I feel as if this one might've been the most fun one to write