As a Zombie I. . . | Teen Ink

As a Zombie I. . .

By SerenaN BRONZE, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
SerenaN BRONZE, Oshkosh, Wisconsin

Alright so this guys dad is a real freak. He's keeping his son locked in the basement. Granted it's so he doesn't eat anyone, but that's fine. 

Chapter 1: As a Zombie I. . .

As a Zombie I. . .
Being a zombie sucks. Like a lot. Not only am I incredibly slow and always craving something my father will never give me, but I don’t see the sun very often. You see my dad has a theory that if I remain out of sight the neighbors won’t be as ‘shook’ by looking at me.
I don’t know what that means, but I stay in my basement. One time I heard a lot of people upstairs and I think there was a dinner party or something. I could practically smell what I wanted and craved most. Was it meat? Or was it human flesh? I couldn’t be sure, but I knew that at some point I’d be able to break the cellar door.
So I began to pound and pound. My nails dug into the wood like they never had before as I desperately tried to break through the barrier. I could feel bits of woods start to split through my skin and they left trails of blood in their wake.
Suddenly there was a pound from up above and then I heard the echo of my father’s voice. “Quite the ruckus Boy!” He shouted down to me as if I were a bother. But I was starving, absolutely ravenous and ready to eat something.
So naturally I ignored his call and began to really wail on the door, it finally came off the hinges. I flew forward, landing on the door itself just in the threshold. The sun wasn’t up though, I could just see the dim light of the moon as it shone down on me. It was full as if the moon knew I was escaping tonight and wanted to make sure I could adjust to the light.
I looked back on the huge building that I used to call home before I made my way inside through the back. The parlor was filled with people and I could hear their heartbeats.
I heard my name and glanced to my father who looked absolutely horrified. He chuckled nervously as he looked around at the neighbors, at least that’s who I assumed was in our house. “Sorry, Dad. I just couldn’t resist meeting them.”