The Time I.. | Teen Ink

The Time I..

By ElanL BRONZE, Oakland, New Jersey
ElanL BRONZE, Oakland, New Jersey

Thump, Thump, Thump. I could hear my heart pounding in my chest as if it was ready to jump out. This was not a feeling that I would want to revisit. My head was spinning, and my stomach was tied up in such a big know it was painful to move. As I looked around, all I could see were sparks of color, popping up before my eyes covering the actual scene I was witnessing. As I stepped forward, a gust of wind whipped me in the face, giving me another reminder to prepare for what I was about to do. As I moved through the darkness, trying to find my position, my thoughts were running wild. What would it feel like? What will happen if I mess up? Every possible question about my success ran through my mind. Suddenly, the music started, the darkness turned into a colorful arrangement of randomly moving beams of light, and my fear escalated 100% greater. “It’s time. You can do this. We believe in you,” yelled my manager. In the background I could hear the crowd roaring to see me. Thinking to myself, I remembered the days in my parents’ basement with my girlfriends and how we used to perform for the family. Well, the fans in the stands are basically a big family I thought. “I got this, I got this, I got this,” I mumbled to myself. Pushing back any fears or worries, I stepped up to the center of the stage and awaited the curtain to be drawn. This was my moment to show the world their new popstar. This was my time to shine. As the curtains pulled up, so did my frown. I was now smiling and ready to show off my talent. 
“You don’t have to fall from grace, put down the weapons of kindness,” I sang as the crowd shook the entire stadium. Trying to overpower the crowd, I continued, “Kill em with kindness. Kill em with kindness. Kill em with kindness. Go ahead, go ahead, go ahead now.” At this point, the fans were wild and super hyped up. My pre-performance fears had vanished and the true star in me started to shine. At this moment, I was a different person, a better person. One song after another, I sang for the fans energizing the entire arena with my angelic voice. I could feel that I was making the world a better place one song at a time. As I finished my last song, the stadium began to shake from the energy inside of it. The crowd was jumping up and down like scared kangaroos. I knew that singing was my calling and that I was destined to inspire little girls like me to become whatever they wanted. This single motive made me go on stage every time and light up the stadium with passion and creativity. From this first day, I knew fate had chosen the right path for me.