Tom Cruz and the Yo-Yo's | Teen Ink

Tom Cruz and the Yo-Yo's

By Bowls BRONZE, Erie, Colorado
Bowls BRONZE, Erie, Colorado

I stood on my balcony, and took a long sip from my glass of Rosé. The sun was just setting, but the lights from the buildings were glowing against the walls of my hotel room, in a warm kind of way. Paris was treating me well. Everything had this sort of vibe to it that was a high to me, I couldn’t get enough of it. And those accents, those damn french accents. I was this close to proposing to one of my servers at the restaurant this morning. Just thinking of it made me laugh. I didn’t want to leave here, this spot, this place, the people and the food. Especially the food. The room service is fantastic, and so are the little restaurants and coffee shops on almost every corner. All the little, and big, places to photograph what feels like everything. Photographs. Pictures. Yes I need to edit my pictures! I walk over to my computer and grab my SD card from my camera, I don’t even remember how many pictures I took today I got so carried away. But they all seemed to turn out amazing. I edited, drank, and edited some more, until it came around be 9 o’clock. I decided to shut it down because I knew I was going to have a big day tomorrow. But little did I know that I was going to have a bigger, and better day than I thought.
I woke up to a really faint noise. I looked over and saw that my window was open even though I know I closed it. Then I turned my head, only to see a shadow of a man standing at the foot of the bed. Before I could say a word, he jumped on top of me.
“Don’t say a word. I’m apart a Secret Agent that Saves Suspicious Yo-yo’s, or in other words, SASSY.”
I noticed his accent, and his face, he looked oddly familiar but I couldn’t comprehend his looks in the dim light. He continued to talk.
“Your apartment appeared on my radar so I had to come and see for myself. I will explain more and my legs are getting stiff, please don’t say anything so that I can stand up.”
I nod in agreement, and he gets up. I finally felt like I could breathe, jesus he was heavy. I finally get the courage to say something, and instead of it being actual sentences, it was just straight laughing. He gave me a disapproving look.
“What are you laughing at?”
“I’m sorry” I say between breaths, “Your name is just too funny.”
“You think the name of my corporation is a joke? It’s not dammit, it’s really important and it keeps parts of the world safe from yo-yo’s that could be bombs. The 21st century is messed up man” he said in one breathe.
It sounded like he was going to cry. Was this guy that emotional about his work? Maybe that means he’s committed, and sensitive. And he has a french accent, that kind of sounds like Tom Cruz. Maybe I should go for this guy.
“Hey!” he yelled at me snapping me out of it.
Damn, whatever this guy was doing, I was in 100 percent. The way he walked ad talked just seemed so convincing I couldn’t say no. And I didn’t say no when he asked me to go on this adventure with him. Even though it was the craziest idea, and I knew it was, I wanted to go.
Once I changed and woke up a little, it wasn’t until I was climbing out of my balcony that I realized, it was Tom. Fricking. Cruz. It took everything I had not to scream! Either way I did because I had to jump from the balcony to the helicopter and IT WAS TERRIFYING.
The next 24 hours were a blur, it felt like I was on the biggest high of my life. We went around Paris and snuck into art museums, coffee shops, hotels. It was a rush, we got closer and every time his hand would grab mine and yank me away, or whenever he would shove me out of the way I fell more in love. He would try to talk to other girls in french but I knew every word he was saying, and I wanted him to say them to me. He didn’t but that’s okay. We found almost all the yo-yo’s, but there were two more in Dijon. After some coffee and pastries, we headed back to the helicopter. On the way, he took my hand, but didn’t yank me to the side, he just held it. I was screaming internally. Then he stopped and looked down at me as if he was about to kiss me, he said “I like holding your hand, but they’re really sweaty, you should fix that.” God dammit this man had a way with words. He made me help him into the helicopter, then forgot to help me up until I yelled at him. He’s so thoughtful. Once we were in the air, he turned and looked at me. He said that he needed to finish this mission by himself. I immediately said no, then he paused, looked down then back up at me. I knew what was about to happen. He kissed me, and I kissed him back. Holy s*** this is what I’ve been waiting for! He pulled away and gave me a piece of paper, instructing me not to open it until I got back to my hotel, then before I could say anything he jumped out of the helicopter and that was the last I would see of him, for now.
I was flown back to my hotel room and damn I was tired. I had no energy left. Just as I was about to lay down and fall asleep, I remembered about the note. I went to my jacket and took it out. What could it say? A long note? A short one? A big heart with his number? It was none of those, instead all it said was a username and then the words “Snap Me ;)”

My friend is visiting France right now and that's what inspired me to writethis and use this location.