The lost mine | Teen Ink

The lost mine

By atmartinez01 BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
atmartinez01 BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado

The board finally broke and the boys dragged the bully in, they didn’t realize there wouldn’t be any light in the mine and could not see anything the boys realized that it was a perfect spot to hide him. The boys dug a hole in the mine and dragged the bully into it they began filling the hole leaving his head above ground, the boys started blocking the entrance to the mine so the boy wouldn't be able to get out.

Chapter 1: The Lost mine

It all started on a warm summer day Charlie, Aaron, and Noah were walking up Public road, the boys turned onto Simpson Street when Aaron had the bright idea of trying to find one of the many abandoned coal mines. The boys decided on Hecla No. 2 but the only problem was that the mine was on the opposite side of the town, the boys told their parents that they’d be stay at each other's houses so that they wouldn’t worry about why the boys aren’t home yet, at around 6 in the afternoon the boys set off to the Hecla mine. On their way to the mine they came across the school bully who started to follow them, they tried telling him not to follow them, as they were approaching the mine the bully was still behind them but now he was mocking them, the boys kept warning him not to follow them or else they’d do something bad to him, the bully wouldn’t listen to them and once they got to the mine entrance the boys made a last minute decision to beat him up. The boys started to beat the bully up.

The boys beat the bully up to the point that he was knocked unconscious, the boys started to panic and started coming up with how they were going to hide him before they find the mine opening, Aaron came up with the idea of trapping the bully in the mine so that when he wakes up he won’t know where he is at and they boys wouldn’t get in trouble for beating him up because no one would know what happened to him. Charlie and Noah began looking for the opening, it was covered with a wooden board the boys began breaking it down to get in.

The whole mine entrance was finally covered and the bully woke up just as the boys were walking out, he started shouting for help, the boys all turned and looked and each other and realized they have to let him out, the began telling the bully that they’d let him out if he promises to not ever bully anyone at school again, he promised so the boys started moving stuff out of the way, they cleared the way and the bully came out they made him promise not to tell anyone what had happened and they made sure he wouldn’t ever bully another kid.