The Secrets of the Well | Teen Ink

The Secrets of the Well

By ARealStudent BRONZE, Palo Alto, California
ARealStudent BRONZE, Palo Alto, California

I see the water in the well jumping up at me.  It was raining hard and nobody was there. The well was filling up really fast. In a split second, the well was full and the water was spilling out. Soon and water levels outside the well was rising and I was beginning to swim. All of sudden, the water began to drain and I felt like I was being sucked into the well. It was real, it was at the bottom in an instant. I flowed down with the water further and further, wondering how far I could go further before the pipes become too small for me to fit in. Far down below, I could not see the ending. It grew, dark, damp and cold and I was not in control of my motion. Wherever the water took me was where I went. Suddenly, I saw lighting. Then, I realized I was in one of those heater pipes on the ceiling on buildings. I have seen many of them in the past but didn’t know what they were for. I ended up on the top of a bookstore. Many kids were playing and yelling down below. I love this free ride so much that I wouldn’t scream for help. The water flow continued. Next, I visited the airport where people were busy rushing to gates. Suddenly, I began to fall. Down further and further. Oh no! My ride is ending. This is when I tumbled onto an occupied bench. People walked over and was surprised that I fell out of an air vent. I immediately asked then, “Excuse me, where is this!” The guy next to me said, “This is the Memphis airport”. This is when I realized I took my fun too far. I was far from home and I didn’t know what to do.