Marriage counseling | Teen Ink

Marriage counseling

By SamFamiano BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
SamFamiano BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado

Marriage counseling

On Stormy Saturday night the rain was pouring and the thunder was roaring. This was a fitting night for what happens almost every night at the Myers home. It comes to no surprise to anyone that this wife and husband don't get along. What was once so passionate and full of joy is now the perfect example of what a marriage or even a relationship should belike. On one hand there is the husband who believes that the wife doesn't try hard enough to hold their marriage together and on the other hand there is the wife who constantly nags and makes sure the husband knows that he can never do anything right.
One night Kirk went out with his friends to go bowling and get away from his life at home. He noticed a flyer for a marriage counseling group who is known for fixing any problems a couple might have. On one of their good days kirk decided to take larissa out to dinner to tell her about this program. He took her to the one place which he knew they couldn't fight and it was the very restaurant they had their first date at. They sat down and had one of their most civil conversations in almost a year. Then kirk proceeded to pull a brochure out of his pocket and explained what this could do for them and how it could bring them back close again. Larissa agreed and they both new this was the best for them and they both still new how much they cared for eachother. When Kirk got home he called the marriage counselor and set up everything and and was set to leave 7 am the next morning. They drove to the airport and found there plane and pilot it was a small 6 people plane which had two other couples along with them the pilot introduced himself as Angel Mcgee. Angel was also the main counselor who would be responsible for the couples.
Without knowing their main destination the plane set off and all they were told they would be flying to a small tropical island away from civilization. During their flight all the couples had many opportunity to talk and discover other problems that other couples were going through and kirk and larissa  seemed to have problems unlike these other couples. They knew that they loved each other but there life was just getting old to them and that's the main reason for them taking this trip was to try something new and feel a little adventure which they were both so in need of. WHen everyone was sleeping kirk over heard the pilot saying something quite suspicious He heard the muffled voice of the pilot saying what he think was “It's time”.
Kirk didn't think much of this at the time but about 2 minutes later the plane was going through what everyone thought was just some bad turbulence, but really the plane was crashing. Boom!! The plane smacked against the water and all of a sudden everyone was awake. Everyone was dazed and confused they looked out the window and saw a huge wave rushing towards them, Kirk grabbed larissa and yelled “hang on to something” the plane was carried 20 feet in the air and then dropped which left everyone unconscious. When everyone came too they started to realize that they were no longer in the water they were all scattered along the beach. Larissa was the first to wake and saw kirk laying on the beach motion. She rushed over and flipped kirk on his back and started pushing on his stomach performing cpr he finally spat out the water that had been suffocating him and came too. “Where are we what happened?”kirk said. He looked around and he remembered about the plane crashing and what the pilot had said. Just the fact that they had both survived such a traumatic incident brought all of the couples closer together.
But it would still be another week till they were rescued from this island. To survive the whole week they had to rely on one another and trust each other something that each couple didn't have before. When they were rescued none of the people regretted the trip because it had achieved the goal of the whole trip, It had saved their relationship. They had wondered what had happened to the pilot. Kirk did some research and saw that there was another counseling trip leaving the next day.